2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th May 2018, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Re: PTU B Sc FT Question Paper

Can you provide me the syllabus of Bachelors in Sciences Fashion Technology (B.Sc. F.T) Program offered by Punjab Technical University Kapurthala on which question paper is based?
18th May 2018, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PTU B Sc FT Question Paper

The syllabus of Bachelors in Sciences Fashion Technology (B.Sc. F.T) Program offered by Punjab Technical University Kapurthala on which question paper is based is as follows:

BSFT 101 Elements of Fashion
Definition of Fashion
Fashion cycle-concept of haute couture and street fashion
Introduction and understanding the meaning of Silhouette
Importance of Fashion forecasting concept of seasons, fairs and international markets.
Knowledge and study of great International designers
Study of national and international designers
Color color wheel, dimensions of color, color naming and psychological association of colors.
Fabric, texture and line (relating them to principles of design) Interplay of elements of design (relating it to anthropometrics)

BSFT 102 Communication & Soft Skills
Basic parts of speech: Noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, article, idioms, one word substitution. Tenses: introduction, uses of present, past and future tense, Use of prepositions conjunctions and interjections Use of punctuations
Sentences: simple compound and complex formation, transformation of sentence: active and passive, affirmative and negative interrogative and assertive, degree of comparison, conversation; Direct and indirect speech. Correct word usage Homonyms, antonyms and synonyms.

BSFT103 Introduction to Textiles I
Fiber Properties
Fiber Classification
Different methods of fiber identification-physical examination, burning test, chemical test.
Flow chart from fiber to fabric
Properties of natural fibers (vegetable and animal) i.e., cotton, flex, wool, silk, jute.
Properties of Synthetic fibers i.e., Polyester, nylon, acrylic, rayon, spandex
Latest fibers
Definition of yarn
Yarn count, yarn twist

Suggested Readings / Books:
Introduction to Textiles by KVP Singh Kalyani Publishers
Textiles-Fiber to Fabric by Bernard P.Corbman McGraw Hill

Syllabus Bachelors in Sciences Fashion Technology Punjab Technical University Kapurthala

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in