2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th November 2014, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PTU B.Pharmacy in 2nd semester question papers

You are asking for the PTU B.Pharmacy in 2nd semester question papers. The PTU B.Pharmacy 2nd semester contains the following subjects:

Pharmaceutics-I (Physical Pharmacy)
Advanced Maths
Pharmaceutical Chemistry-II (Physical Chemistry)
Pharmaceutical Chemistry-III (Organic Chemistry-I)
Anatomy Physiology & Health Education (APHE)-I
Pharmaceutics-I (Physical Pharmacy) (2k9)

4th November 2019, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of 2nd semester B. Pharmacy Program offered by I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University on which the question paper is based?
4th November 2019, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of 2nd semester B. Pharmacy Program offered by I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University on which the question paper is based is as follows:

Course Code
BP201T

Course Title
Human Anatomy and Physiology - II

Module 01 10 hours
Nervous System
Organization of nervous system, neuron, neuroglia, classification and properties of nerve
fibre, electrophysiology, action potential, nerve impulse, receptors, synapse,
neurotransmitters.
Central nervous system: Meninges, ventricles of brain and cerebrospinal fluid. Structure
and functions of brain (cerebrum, brain stem, cerebellum), spinal cord (gross structure,
functions of afferent and efferent nerve tracts, reflex activity).

Module 02 06Hours
Digestive System
Anatomy of GI Tract with special reference to anatomy and functions of stomach, (Acid
production in the stomach, regulation of acid production through parasympathetic
nervous system, pepsin role in protein digestion) small intestine and large intestine,
anatomy and functions of salivary glands, pancreas and liver, movements of GIT,
digestion and absorption of nutrients and disorders of GIT.
Energetics
Formation and role of ATP, Creatinine Phosphate and BMR.

Module 03 10 Hours
Respiratory System
Anatomy of respiratory system with special reference to anatomy of lungs, mechanism of
respiration, regulation of respiration.
Lung Volumes and capacities transport of respiratory gases, artificial respiration, and
resuscitation methods.
Urinary System
Anatomy of urinary tract with special reference to anatomy of kidney and nephrons,
functions of kidney and urinary tract, physiology of urine formation, micturition reflex
and role of kidneys in acid base balance, role of RAS in kidney and disorders of kidney.

Module 04 10 hours
Endocrine System
Classification of hormones, mechanism of hormone action, structure and functions of
pituitary gland, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, adrenal gland, pancreas, pineal gland,
thymus and their disorders.

Module 05 09 Hours
Reproductive System
Anatomy of male and female reproductive system, Functions of male and female
reproductive system, sex hormones, physiology of menstruation, fertilization,
spermatogenesis, oogenesis, pregnancy and parturition
Introduction to Genetics
Chromosomes, genes and DNA, protein synthesis, genetic pattern of inheritance

Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
1. Essentials of Medical Physiology by K. Sembulingam and P. Sembulingam. Jaypee
Brothers Medical Publishers, New Delhi.
2. Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness by Kathleen J.W. Wilson, Churchill
Livingstone, New York.
3. Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williams and Wilkins Co,
Riverview, MI USA.
4. Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C, Guyton and John E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH,
U.S.A.
5. Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Tortora Grabowski. Palmetto, GA, U.S.A.
6. Textbook of Human Histology by Inderbir Singh, Jaypee Brothers medical publishers,
New Delhi.
7. Textbook of Practical Physiology by C.L. Ghai, Jaypee Brothers medical publishers,
New Delhi.

Reference Books
1. Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williams and Wilkins Co,
Riverview, MI USA.
2. Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C, Guyton and John. E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH,
U.S.A.
3. Human Physiology (vol 1 and 2) by Dr. C.C. Chatterrje ,Academic Publishers Kolkata.

Syllabus 2nd semester B. Pharmacy I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in