2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th June 2015, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Pt Dume Beach Malibu

What are the Activities and Facilities at Point Dume State Beach located in Malibu ? Also provide the contact number of Public Information Inquiries ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Malibu Rum Alcohol
Malibu Rum Cost
Malibu Price Alcohol
Cost Of Malibu Coconut Rum
Cost Of MALIBU Rum
Colva Beach Resorts
Mzamba Beach Resorts
Goa 5 Star Beach Resorts
How Much is Malibu Rum
Hotels In Calangute Beach
MALPE Beach Resort
NIT Surathkal Beach
Alcohol Content Malibu Rum
Malibu coconut Rum sizes
Nanny Virginia Beach
NTPC Beach
Movers Redondo Beach
PT Dume Restaurants
PT Dume Pharmacy
TTDC Beach Resort
13th June 2015, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Pt Dume Beach Malibu

Point Dume State Beach features cliffs, headlands, rocky coves and vast beach access.

Dogs are not allowed on trails in the Point Dume Natural Preserve or on the beach.

Point Dume State Beach is located at Malibu, CA ,United States .

The beach is presently operated by Los Angeles County, which also operates Zuma County Beach.

Available Activities and Facilities at Point Dume State Beach

Trail Use
Hiking Trails

Day-Use Activities & Facilities
Picnic Areas
Swimming
Nature & Wildlife Viewing
Windsurfing/Surfing
Family Programs
Guided Tours
Scuba Diving/Snorkeling
Beach Area

other facilities & visitor information
Parking

Public Information Inquiries: (916) 653-6995 | (800) 777-0369

Few other important contact numbers :

Special Events & Weddings
(310) 457-8144

Filming & Photography Permits
(818) 880-0358

Point Dume State Beach
Malibu, CA 90265
United States

Map:
[MAP]Point Dume State Beach[/MAP]
3rd January 2016, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

hii sir, we planed a tour for the Point Dume beach Malibu, will you please provide me some basic information about this Point Dume beach Malibu?
3rd January 2016, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

As you asking for the Point Dum beach Malibu let me tell you that oint Dume is a promontory on the coast of Malibu, California that juts out into the Pacific Ocean. The point, a long bluff, forms the northern end of the Santa Monica Bay. Point Dume Headlands Park affords a vista of the Palos Verdes Peninsula and Santa Catalina Island. Zuma Beach lies to its immediate northwest.

History :
Point Dume was named by George Vancouver in 1793 in honor of Padre Francisco Dumetz of Mission San Buenaventura
The name was misspelled on Vancouver's map as "Dume" and was never correctedIn the early 1980s, real estate development interests began pronouncing the name "du-MAY" and spelling it "Dumé"; this did not catch on.

Getting to Point Dume could not be easier. It is located about a 2 miles off of Pacific Coast Highway right on a scenic stretch of road about 20 minutes North-West of Malibu

Some reviews of this place:

pretty short (but fairly steep at the beginning) hike will take you to some beautiful views. It is sandy and rocky in places so consider that when choosing footwear. I can see that in peak season this place would be packed, but I easily scored free street parking (in fact the closest possible parking spot before the paid area)...

“Awesome hike!”

My husband and I did this hike back in October. The views in the morning were amazing and the day we visited the waves were huge. We could have sat for hours watching the waves crash.

“beautiful rocks, simple tide-pool”

Famous for being the beach where they shot the last scene in the original "Planet of the Apes" but it is now really rocky-- rocks ARE beautiful. Tide pooling is a little challenging and not as good as other places. Still good to visit.

:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in