2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2014, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: PSG college lateral entry eligibility

PSG College of Technology is one of the most reputed colleges and oldest colleges of Tamil Nadu, which was founded long back in 1951 by PSG & Sons Charities Trust. It is affiliated to Anna University, approved by AICTE.

Lateral entry admissions-

Eligibility -

Diploma course must be completed by you with a minimum of 60% marks in Engineering from a recognized State Board of Technical Education.

You must not have any backlog left in Diploma course.
Your age must not be more than 28 years.

The following documents are required for lateral entry-

2 passport size and 2 stamp size photos are required.

Provisional/Diploma Certificate with two attested Xerox copies.

All semester mark sheets with two attested Xerox copies.

Original Community Certificate with "Gopuram" seal with two attested Xerox copies.

Original Transfer Certificate with two attested Xerox copies

Original Allotment letter with four attested Xerox copies.

First Graduate Tahsildar Certificate with four attested Xerox copies (if applicable).

Joint declaration form with four attested Xerox copies signed by both student & Parent (if applicable).
PSG College of Technology lateral entry

Contact Details

PSG College Of Technology
Avinashi Road, Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641004 ‎
0422 257 2177

Map Location-
[MAP]
https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=PSG+College+of+Technology&hl=en&ll=11.02610 3,77.002831&spn=0.010973,0.01869&sll=19.081059,72. 854505&sspn=0.010565,0.01869&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A
[/MAP]
4th March 2016, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am Shyama Rao. Now I am pursuing in 6th semester diploma in metallurgical engineering at PESPT Shivamogga, Karnataka. After diploma I am willing to join PSG college of engineering to metallurgical engineering as a lateral entry. so may I know what is the procedure to join as a lateral entry to metallurgical engineering. and is there any entrance exam for that?

I hope that, definitely I will get suitable guidance from you.

THANK YOU SIR.
4th March 2016, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am Shyama Rao. Now I am pursuing in 6th semester diploma in metallurgical engineering at PESPT Shivamogga, Karnataka. After diploma I am willing to join PSG college of engineering to metallurgical engineering as a lateral entry. so may I know what is the procedure to join as a lateral entry to metallurgical engineering. and is there any entrance exam for that?

I hope that, definitely I will get suitable guidance from you.

THANK YOU SIR.
6th June 2016, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

can i join B.E mettallurgy 2nd year after my diploma in mechanical engineering?
6th June 2016, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I have completed my diploma in mechanical engg in thiagarajar polytechnic college,Salem. I have 95% as overall percentage.am I eligible to join in PSG tech for lateral entry through counselling?
12th June 2017, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

hi frnds,

I like to join PSG college Coimbatore, i have finished diploma in ece with overall 92%. can i get seat there through counselling. What will be the fees per year.

Fahid Ali
27th November 2019, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me the process to apply for Admission to Second Year BE /B. Tech (Lateral Entry) Degree course in PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore?
27th November 2019, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

There are two ways to apply for Admission to Second Year BE /B. Tech (Lateral Entry) Degree course in PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore:

1. After diploma one can apply through counselling which will be conducted at Alagappa Chettiyar University, Karaikudi. Counselling call depends on your diploma final year percentage.

If one received a call for the first day counselling or topped with a rank of at least below 10, one is almost have a chance to get a seat at PSG Tech.

One’s final year percentage should be more than 96 if one is a General Category applicant. For BC/MBC it should be more than 94%. For SCA/SC/ST more than 92℅ is enough.

2. The other way is through management quota. Fee for this entry may depend on the branch of engineering. It may vary from 5 to 10lakh Rupees donation. Other state students can join with PSG Tech through this quota.

Documents Required for Lateral Entry Admission

1. Photographs: Passport size 2 Nos.,Stamp size 2 Nos. & Aadhar card photocopy

2. Provisional / Diploma Certificate - with two attested Photo copies

3. Consolidated Diploma Mark sheet - with two attested Photo copies

4. All Semester Marksheets - with two attested Photo copies

5. Original Community Certificate with "Gopuram" seal - with two attested Photo copies

6. Original Transfer Certificate - with two attested Photo copies

7. Original Allotment letter - with four attested Photo copies

8. First Graduate Tahsildar Certificate with four attested Photo copies (if applicable)

9. Joint Declaration form with four attested Photo copies signed by both student & Parent (if applicable)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in