2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th October 2014, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Process to apply for NET entrance exam

As you want to know the so, here I am providing you the process to apply for the NET entrance exam so, here I am providing you the same.

Firstly go on the official site of the UGC NET.
Then at the top of the page there is a tab of Notification for NET click on that.
Then a page will open that looks like the given image.

Application fee is Rs. 450 for general candidates, for OBC candidates Rs. 225, for SC/ ST candidates Rs. 110.

Here for you I am providing you the eligibility for the NET.

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.

The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.
22nd February 2016, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to know what is the Process to apply for NET entrance exam so here can you please give me details ?
22nd February 2016, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Hey as UGC NET Exam is conducted by the National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission.

Eligibility

Applicants should have a Master's degree or its equivalent from a
recognised university or institute. Their degree should be any of these
disciplines- Humanities, languages, Social Science, Electronic Science,
Computer Science and Application, etc

Applicants should have a minimum score of 55 percent in their qualifying
degree (50 percent for those under the reserved categories). Those
candidates who have appeared for their final exams and are awaiting their
results, and those who are yet to take their exams are also eligible to apply

The Ph.D degree holders who had completed their Master's level qualification before September 19, 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of five percent in their aggregate marks, i.e. from 55 percent to 50 percent

Paper pattern

Paper I

This paper contains 60 objective questions, of which any 50 questions are to be attempted by the candidate. It carries a total of 100 marks, and the time duration given is 1 ¼ hours.

Paper II

Paper II is an objective type paper which has 50 compulsory multiple choice questions, on the subject chosen by the candidate. The total marks for this paper is 100, and the time duration given is 1 ¼ hours.

Paper III

Paper III is an objective style paper with 75 compulsory questions from the chosen subject. This paper carries a total of 150 marks, and the time duration provided is 2.5 hours.

Selection criteria

Written test

Interview

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in