2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th October 2014, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Previous papers of recruitment test

TCS is one of the best Multi National Companies peoples like to be a part of TCS. They offer good salary and best working environment to employees. You are preparing yourself for the recruitment process of TCS so you have to crack recruitment test, it basically has following three sections:

• Verbal section
• Quantitative aptitude section
• Critical reasoning section

Previous years recruitment papers or placement papers will help you in preparation of written recruitment test. Here I am giving PDF’s of some placement papers.

TCS Placement Paper 1
Quantitative Section1. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights?

Ans. 40

2. A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for overspeeding and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr.At the same time B is fined for overspeeding by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit.If he was driving at 35 km/hr what is the speed limit for the road?

Ans. 15 kmph

3. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east.How far is A from his starting point?

Ans. 13 kms

4. A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank?

Ans. 5 kms

5. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?

Ans. 35

6. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?

Ans. 27

7. Fathers age is 5 times his son’s age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son.Find the fathers’ present age.

Ans. 40 years

8. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.

Ans. 10 should be subtracted

9. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, ….

Ans. 35

10. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?

Ans. 12 days

11. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.

Ans. 3/7

12. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C’s share?

Ans. Rs. 560

13. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?

Ans. 25%

14. What percent of 60 is 12?

Ans. 20%

15. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India : Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course).Find his average earnings.

Ans. Rs.16 crore

TCS Placement Paper 2
Technical Test

consists of 50 questions. The Set Code for this paper is D. 1. The C language terminator is

(a) semicolon

(b) colon

(c) period

(d) exclamation mark

2. What is false about the following — A compound statement is

(a) A set of simple statments

(b) Demarcated on either side by curly brackets

(c) Can be used in place of simple statement

(d) A C function is not a compound statement.

3. What is true about the following C Functions

(a) Need not return any value

(b) Should always return an integer

(c) Should always return a float

(d) Should always return more than one value

4. Main must be written as

(a) The first function in the program

(b) Second function in the program

(c) Last function in the program

(d) Any where in the program

5. Which of the following about automatic variables within a function is correct ?

(a) Its type must be declared before using the variable

(b) Tthey are local

(c) They are not initialised to zero

(d) They are global

6. Write one statement equivalent to the following two statements

x=sqr(a);

return(x);

Choose from one of the alternatives

(a) return(sqr(a));

(b) printf(“sqr(a)”);

(c) return(a*a*a);

(d) printf(“%d”,sqr(a));

7. Which of the following about the C comments is incorrect ?

(a) Ccommentscan go over multiple lines

(b) Comments can start any where in the line

(c) A line can contain comments with out any language statements

(d) Comments can occur within comments

8. What is the value of y in the following code?

x=7;

y=0;

if(x=6) y=7;

else y=1;

(a) 7

(b) 0

(c) 1

(d) 6

9. Read the function conv() given below

conv(int t){

int u;

u=5/9 * (t-32);

return(u);

}

What is returned

(a) 15

(b) 0

(c) 16.1

(d) 29

10. Which of the following represents true statement either x is in the range of 10 and 50 or y is zero

(a) x >= 10 && x <= 50 || y = = 0

(b) x<50

(c) y!=10 && x>=50

(d) None of these

11. Which of the following is not an infinite loop ?

(a) while(1){ ….}

(b) for(;

{

}

(c) x=0;

do{

/*x unaltered within the loop*/

…..}

while(x = = 0);

(d) # define TRUE 0

while(TRUE){

….}

12. What does the following function print?

func(int i)

{ if(i%2)return 0;

else return 1;}

main()

{

int =3;

i=func(i);

i=func(i);

printf(“%d”,i);

} (a) 3

(b) 1

(c) 0

(d) 2

13. How does the C compiler interpret the following two statements

p=p+x;

q=q+y;

(a) p=p+x;

q=q+y

(b)p=p+xq=q+y

(c)p=p+xq;

q=q+y

(d)p=p+x/q=q+y For questions 14,15,16,17 use the following alternatives a.int

b.char

c.string

d.float

14. ’9’

15. “1 e 02″

16. 10e05

17. 15

18. Read the folllowing code # define MAX 100

# define MIN 100

….

….

if(x>MAX)

x=1;

else if(x=0){

printf(“%u”,i)

i–;}

}

How many times the loop will get executed

(a)10

(b)9

(c)11

(d)infinite

34.Pick out the add one out

(a) malloc()

(b) calloc()

(c) free()

(d) realloc()

35.Consider the following program

main(){

int a[5]={1,3,6,7,0};

int *b;

b=&a[2];

}

The value of b[-1] is

(a) 1

(b) 3

(c) -6

(d) none

36. # define prod(a,b)=a*b

main(){

int x=2;

int y=3;

printf(“%d”,prod(x+2,y-10)); }

the output of the program is

(a) 8

(b) 6

(c) 7

(d) None

37.Consider the following program segment

int n,sum=1;

switch(n){

case 2:sum=sum+2;

case 3:sum*=2;

break;

default:sum=0;}

If n=2, what is the value of sum

(a) 0

(b) 6

(c) 3

(d) None of these

38. Identify the incorrect one

1.if(c=1)

2.if(c!=3)

3.if(a0){

x=func(i);

i–; }

int func(int n){

static sum=0;

sum=sum+n;

return(sum);}

The final value of x is

(a) 6

(b) 8

(c) 1

(d) 3

43. Int *a[5] refers to

(a) array of pointers

(b) pointer to an array

(c) pointerto a pointer

(d) none of these

44.Which of the following statements is incorrect

(a) typedef struct new{

int n1;

char n2;

} DATA;

(b) typedef struct {

int n3;

char *n4;}ICE;

(c) typedef union{ int n5;

float n6;} UDT;

(d) #typedef union {

int n7;

float n8;} TUDAT;
TCS Placement Paper 3
COMPREHENSION HAD SIX QUESTIONS.SO HAD FILL IN THE BLANKS.FORMER WAS A VERY BORING PASSAGE.FILL IN HAD A PASSAGE WITH SIX SENTENCES IN BETWEEN TO BE FILLED WITH EIGHT CHOICES GIVEN.ALL STUDENTS HAD DIFFERENT PASSAGES.THE DATABASE IS VERY LARGE.FOR FILL IN GRE BOOK IS RECOMMENDED.

MOST OF THEM WERE NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE PASSAGE.

I HAVE GIVEN BELOW THE WORDS THAT WERE ASKED IN SYNONYMS AND ANTONYMS.

1. WHIMSICAL

2. CENSURE.

3. OPTIMUM.

4. MISAPPREHENSION.

5. CANDID.

6. TORSE.

7. CITE.

8. EFFUSIVE.

9. IRRADIATE.

10. TENACIOUS.

11. VOLUBLE.

12. BANAL.

13. RUPTURE.

14. STANDING.

15. NASCENT.

16. TRANSIENT.

17. CLUTCH.

18. GENERIC.

19. EMPIRICAL.

20. ANOMALY.

21. CIRCUITOUS.

22. HAMPER.

23. SURVEILLANCE.

24. OBJECTIVE.

25. RAUCOUS.

26. VORACIOUS.

27. PEDIGREE.

28. FIDELITY.

29. AUGMENT.

30. PRECARIOUS.

31. TRANSIENT.

32. ALACRITY.

33. DEROGATORY.

34. ONUS.

35. ANALOGUE.

36. EXPEDIENT.

37. ANALOGOUS.

38. ASSUAGE.

39. COMPLIANCE.

40. IRRADIATE.

41. DIFFIDANT.

42. PLAINTIVE.

43. INCINUATE.

44. MISDEMEANOR.

45. EXONERATE.

46. GREGARIOUS.

47. ANATHEMATIZE.

48. BENIGN.

49. ATTENUATE.

50. SONOROUS.

51. BOLSTER.

52. DIVERGENT.

53. DECOLLATE

54. HETERODOX

55. RESTIVENESS

56. IGNONIMOUS.

57. PLAGARIOUS.

58. EFFIGY.

59. TENACIOUS.

60. RETROGADE.

61. SACROSANCT.

62. DANGLE.

63. ANOMALY.

64. CRYPTIC.

65. DEBILIATE.

66. DIVULGE.

67. SCEPTIC.

68. SPENDTHRIFT.

69. INDIGENOUS.

70. ERRONIUS.

71. RUPTURE.

72. MINION.

73. VERACITY.

74. QUAIL.

75. DESULTORY.

76. SAGE.
TCS Placement Paper 4
1. In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000, find the address of X (8, 5).

2. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?

3. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?

4. Select the odd one out. a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel.

5. Select the odd one out a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP

6. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2

7. Select the odd one out a. WAP b. HTTP c. BAAN d. ARP

8. Select the odd one out a. LINUX b. UNIX c. SOLARIS d. SQL SEVER

9. Select the odd one out a. SQL b. DB2 c. SYBASE d. HTTP

10. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?

11. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?

12. In which of the system, decimal number 384 is equal to 1234?

13. Find the value of the 678 to the base 7.

14. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube

15. Complete the series 2, 7, 24, 77,__

16. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes “square” and + denotes “square root”.

17. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)

18. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as ———

19. G(0)=-1, G(1)=1, G(N)=G(N-1) – G(N-2), G(5)= ?

20. What is the max possible 3 digit prime number?

21. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.

22. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?

23. In Madras , temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.

24. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?

25. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?

26. If the vertex (5,7) is placed in the memory. First vertex (1,1) ?s address is 1245 and then address of (5,7) is ———-

27. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs? a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j

28. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD?

29. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.

30. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668

31. Complete the series. 3, 8, –, 24, –, 48, 63

32. Complete the series. 4, -5, 11, -14, 22, —

33. A, B and C are 8 bit no?s. They are as follows:

A 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1

B 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0

C 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1

Find ( (A-B) u C )=?

Hint :

A-B is {A} ? {A n B}

34. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination which is in north west direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?

35. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?

36. A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days A alone can complete the work?

37. A finish the work in 10 days. B is 60% efficient than A. So how days does B take to finish the work?

38. A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A?s work?

39. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT : sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one which is larger)

40. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?(Hint det(A)==0)

41. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A[ 1,1 ] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?

42. Sum of slopes of 2 perpendicular st. lines is given. Find the pair of lines from the given set of options which satisfy the above condition?

43. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is orthogonal.

44. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance ) find units.

45. The number 362 in decimal system is given by (1362)x in the X system of numbers find the value of X a}5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9

46. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6

47. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed.

a) 6:00 am b) 6:40am c)7:40 d)7:00 e)8:00 (Hint : Every 1 deg longitude is equal to 4 minutes . If west to east add time else subtract time)

48. Find the highest prime number that can be stored in an 8bit computer.

49. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?

-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

1,1,0,-1,0,-1

50. Match the following:

1. Male – Boy —> a. A type of

2. Square – Polygon —> b. A part of

3. Roof – Building —> c. Not a type of

4. Mushroom – Vegetables —> d. A superset of

Ans: 1- d, 2- a, 3- b, 4- c

51. Match the following.

1. brother ? sister —> a. Part of

2. Alsatian ? dog —> b. Sibling

3. sentence ? paragraph —> c. Type of

4. car – steering —> d. Not a type of

Ans. 1-b, 2-c, 3-a, 4-d
TCS Placement Paper 5
I.The players G,H,J,K,L,M,N,O are to be felicitated of representing the county team in Baseball Out of these H,M,O also are in the Football team and K,N are there in the Basket ball team . These players are to be seated on a table and no two players who has represented the county in more than one game are to sit together.

1.Which one of the orders can they be seated in

2. Which of the orders is not possible

3. If N is seated in the middle then which of the following pairs cannot be seated near him .

4. If M is seated then which of the following pairs can be seated next to him.

Choices are given for all the questions

II There are 2 groups named Brown and red. They can?t marry in the same group. If the husband or wife dies then the person will convert to their own group. If a person is married then the husband will have to change his group to his wife?s group. The child will own the mothers group. From these a set of 4 questions were given .Solve them

Eg;

1.Brown?s daughter is red (False)

2. If a person is red. Then his/her mother?s brother belong to which group if he is married (Brown)

III 7 people ? a,b,c,d,e,f,g

Need to make a seating arrangement for them.

Conditions: 1)A should be at the center 2) B,F should be at the right extreme 3)C,E always in pair 4)D,G as far as possible

Questions from the above were asked?

Eg:

Which of the following pairs were not possible?

Others questions were similar to the above. More questions were from Barrons.

HR QUESTIONS:

For all the questions they expect a elaborate answer with justifications and not a short one.

1) Market urself

2) Why TCS ?

3) Will u switch over to any other company after joining TCS? If NO then why?

4) R u mobile? ( R u ready to go anywhere ?)

5) R u ready to go to places of extreme temperature. If yes what do u think of ur safety?

6) What are the requirements for leadership quality ?

7) Why u switch over to s/w from ur own back ground?

8) What are the qualities required for a s/w engineer and Project manager?

9) Rate ur good qualities?

10) What is the difference between hard and smart work?

11) Do u have a plan of doing higher studies ?

TCS Aptitude test :

1.if the word ’ddosszm’ is changed to ’central’ then what will be the change for ’rtjbl’ ?

ans:quick

2.what is the largest prime number in 8 digit number?

3.the word unimpressive was given.they asked us to do change 1st & 2nd,3rd & 4th,so on.then they asked what will be 10th letter from right?

ans:m

4.the plane question was asked.it took off from 7 degree 53’ 6.1’’ and landed at 8 degree 6’ 43.5’’.it takes 12 hours to travel between these points.then what will be local time at destination ?[just follow previous ques paper the problem was same]

5.g[0]=1,g[1]=-1,g[n]=2*g[n-1]-3*g[n-2] then calculate g[4]= ?

6.the series was asked : 5,6,7,8,10,11,14,..?

7.they asked the temperature problem.it was same as previous papers.the ratio was -t*t/6+4t+12.

8.the ques on a man,a woman and a boy finish work together in 6 days.man takes 10 days,woman takes 24 days then how much boy will take?

ans:40 days

8.the matrix of a(7,9) was given.the address of the first byte of a(1,1)=1258.it takes 4 bytes to store the nuymber.then calculate the address of the last byte of a(5,8).

9.the program requires 4000(n)1/2 [ie square root of n].if size of program was increased by 1% then calculate the percentage change in size of program.

10.modulo(373,7)+round(5.8)+truncat(7.2)-round(3.4) = ?

i exactly don’t remember the truncate function.but the function was where we skip the ’.’ part.

ans : 12

11.the bucket size is 10KB.it takes 0.0001 KB/milisec to fill bucket.the bucket takes 100 or 1000 milisec to reach to destination.it takes 100 milisec to pass acknowledgement from dest to source.so calculate how much time will it take to pass N KB ,write formula.

[i don’t remember the exact figures of bucket transmission time from source to dest]

12.the graph was given.the x and y axes were there.the line is intersecting them.the points of intersection were y=3,x=0 and x=-2,y=0.write the equation of line.

13.the decimal number was given.it was converted to other system.they asked to identify the

system.i.e. octal,hexadecimal.

14.they asked us to match the pairs.they were like,

A B

basmati-wheat not type of

15.the paragraph was given.it was on associations and the example of lecturer was there in para.

SECTION I

1. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD ?

Ans. PEASA (hint: in the first

word, the alphabets of the jumbled one is three

alphabets after the corresponding alphabet in the word

SURMISE. S = V-3, similarly find the one for SHDVD)

2. If DDMUQZM is coded as CENTRAL then RBDJK can be

coded as ———

Ans. QCEIL (hint: Write both the

jumbled and the coded word as a table, find the

relation between the corresponding words, i.e C= D-1,

N=M+1 & so on

3. In the word ECONOMETRICS, if the first and second ,

third and forth ,forth and fifth, fifth and sixth

words are interchanged up to the last letter, what

would be the tenth letter from right?

Ans. word is CENOMOTEIRSC tenth word is R

4. Find the result of the following __expression if, M

denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T

denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)

Ans. 19

5. What is the largest prime number that can be stored

in an 8-bit memory?

Ans.

6. Find the physical quantity in units from the

equation: (Force*Distance)/(Velocity*Velocity)

Ans. Ns2/m

7. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes

“square” and + denotes “square root”.

Ans: 621

8. If f(0)=1 and f(n)= f(n-1)*n, find the value of

f(4).

Ans: 24

9. Convert the decimal number 310 to the base 6.

Ans: 1234

10. Find the missing number in the series: 2, 5,

__ , 19 , 37, 75

Ans: 9

11. In a two-dimensional array, X(9,7), with each

element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address

of the first element X(1,1) is 3000, find the address

of X(8,5).

Ans.

12. Find the fourth row, having the bit pattern as an

integer in an 8-bit computer, and express the answer

in its decimal value.

A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1

B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1

C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1

(AU(B-C)) ?

Ans. 29

13. Complete the series 2, 7, 24, 77,__ (hint: 2*12=

24, 7*11= 77, therefore 24*10= 240)

Ans: 240

14. Consider the following diagram for answering the

following questions:

A. Find the difference between people playing

cricket and tennis alone.

Ans: 4

B. Find the percentage of people playing

hockey to that playing both hockey and cricket.

Ans:

C. Find the percentage of people playing all

the games to the total number of players.

Ans: 6%

15. One more question of the same type (Same type of

diagram; of course in a different set)

1. How many more or less speak English thanFrench?

2. What % people speak all the three languages?

3. What % people speak German but not English?

{In another set cricket, hockey and tennis are changed

with the name of some computer languages, such as

Java, Cobol, Fortran (may be some other name)}

16. Select the odd one out

a. Oracle b.

Linux c. Ingress

d. DB2

17. Select the odd one out

a. SMTP b. WAP

c. SAP

d. ARP

18. Select the odd man out.

a. Java b.

Lisp c. Smalltalk

d. Eiffel

19. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?

a. 3i+2j

b. i+j c. 2i-3j

d. -7i+j

20. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube

a. 12,8,6

b. 4,6,8 c. 6,8,12

d. 6,12,8

21. Given a Bar Chart showing the sales of a company.

(In Figure) The sales in years as shown in the figure

are (in crores) 1998-1999 – 130, 1997-1998 – 90,

1996-1997 – 90, 1995-1996 – 70

1. The highest growth rate was for the year

Ans. 1998-1999

2. The net increase in sales of the company in the

year span of 1995-1999

Ans. 60 crores.

3. The lowest growth rate was for the year

Ans. 1997

22. Find the value of the decimal number to the base

Ans. 1436.

23. Complete the series:5,6,7,8,10,11,14,__.

Ans. 15

24. If the vertex (5,7) is placed in the memory. First

vertex (1,1) ?s address is 1245 and then address of

(5,7) is ———-

Ans.

25. In which of the system, decimal number 384 is

equal to 1234?

Ans.

26. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work

in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do

it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the

same work?

Ans.

27. In Madras , temperature at noon varies according to

-t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how

much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.

Ans.

28. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills

at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer

sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10

milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer

in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to

get a response back to the programmer, after it is

sent?

Ans.

29. The size of a program is N. And the memory

occupied by the program is given by M = square root of

100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1%

then how much memory now occupied ?

Ans.

30. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of

750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to

power a plant opposite to that of the river and

1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the

cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter and cost of

cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the total

of laying the cable.

Ans. Rs. 22,500 (hint: the plant

is on the other side of the plant i.e. it is not on

the same side as the river)

{There are two questions, both showing a curve. In the

first one, you have to identify the curve. In the

second one you have to Write the equation of the

curve. In

TCS Placement Paper 6
1. If A can copy 50 pages in 10 hours and A and B

together can copy 70 pages in 10 hours, how much time

does B takes to copy 26 pages?

a. b.

c. d.

2. Match the following:

1. Male – Boy —>

a. A type of

2. Square – Polygon —> b.

A part of

3. Roof – Building —>

c. Not a type of

4. Mushroom – Vegetables —> d.

A superset of

Ans: 1- d, 2- a, 3- b, 4- c

3. Match the following.

1. brother ? sister —>

a. Part of

2. Alsatian ? dog —>

b. Sibling

3. sentence ? paragraph —> c.

Type of

4. car – steering —>

d. Not a type of

Ans. 1-b, 2-c, 3-a, 4-d

Questions 20- 24 are based on the following passage:

The office staff of the XYZ

corporation presently consists of three bookkeepers

(A, B and C) and five secretaries (D, E, F, G and H).

Management is planning to open a new office in another

city using three secretaries and two bookkeepers of

the current staff. To do so they plan to separate

certain individuals who do not function well together.

The following guidelines were established to set up

the new office:

I. Bookkeepers A and C are

constantly finding fault with one another and should

not be sent as a team to the new office.

II. C and E function well alone but

not as a team. They should be separated.

III. D and G have not been on

speaking terms for many months. They should not go

together.

IV. Since D and F have been competing

for promotion, they should not be a team.

Ans.

4. If A is to be moved as one of the bookkeepers,

which of the following cannot be a possible working

team?

(a) ABDEH (b) ABDGH

(c) ABEFH (d) ABEGH (e) ABFGH

5. If C and F are moved to the new office, how many

combinations are possible?

(a) 1 (b) 2

(c) 3 (d) 4

(e) 5

6. If C is sent to the new office, which member of the

staff cannot go with C?

(a) B (b) D

(c) F (d) G

(e) H

7. Under the guidelines developed, which of the

following must go to the new office?

(a) B (b) D

(c) E (d) G

(e) H

8. If D goes to the new office which of the following

is (are) true?

I. C cannot go.

II. A cannot go.

III. H must also go.

a. I only. b. II only.

c. I and II only. d. I and III only.

e. I, II and III.

9. Two stations A & B are 110 km apart. One train

starts from A at 7 am, and travels towards B at

20kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 am and

travels towards A at 25kmph. At what time will they

meet?

a. 9 am b. 10 am

c. 11 am d. 10.30 am

10. If a man can swim downstream at 6kmph and upstream

at 2kmph, his speed in still water is:

a. 4kmph b. 2kmph

c. 3kmph d. 2.5kmph

Answer the following three questions based on the

paragraph:

A student applying at a college should take three

courses. There are altogether four courses, namely,

Science, Maths, Social Sudies and Economics. (The

names may vary, but the pattern is the same)

One can take a Science course onty if he has taken a

Maths course.

One can take a Maths course only if he has taken a

Science course.

One can take a n Economics course only if he has taken

a Social Studies course.

11. Which of the following is a possible course?

a. Two Science courses and a Social

Studies Course.

b. Two Maths courses and an Economics

course.

c. One Mats course, one Science course and

a Social Studies course.

d. One Maths course, one Science course

and an Economics course.

12. Which of the following courses a student can take?

I. One Science, one Social Studies,

one Economics

II. Two Science, one Social Studies

III. Two Science, one Maths.

a. I only

b. III only c. I and II only

d. II and III only

13. Which of the following is not a possible course?

a. Two Science courses and a Maths course.

b. Two Maths course and a

Science course.

c. One Maths course, one Science course

and a Social Studies Course.

d. One Maths course, one Science course

and an Economics course.

Procedure of selection:

1) Online Test
• Verbal section: Antonyms and Synonyms
• Verbal reasoning
• Quantitative aptitude
• Critical reasoning
• Analytical Reasoning

Interview
• Technical + HR
• MR (Managerial Round)
30th November 2015, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am preparing for the Bank exams for clerk so can you please give me the previous papers of clerk recruitment test
30th November 2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

1.Who amongst the following cricketers became the ninth indian to claim 150 or more wickets?
(a) A.Kumble
(b) A.Agarkar
(c) S.Tendulkar
(d) Harbhajan Singh
(e) None of these
Ans (c)
2. Who amongst the following returned to earth after a lomg 195 days stay in space ?
(a) Angei Brewer
(b) Mike Leinbach
(c) Shruti Vadera
(d) Sunita Williams
(e) None of these
Ans(d)
3. Japan PM shinzo Abe came to office last year with huge support in his favour. But since last few
months he is facing problems in his political survival. Which ofthe following actions taken by him does
/ do not enjoy support of the people of Japan (Pick up the correctstatement) ?
1. Decision to postpone parliament elections.
2. Falling to control inflation which has gone to the level of 12% an unusual phenomenon in the
history of Japan .
3. Decision to allow USA to make an army Base in some of its Islands where USA will have its nuclear
war-heads
(a) Only 2
(b) Only 1
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Only 3
(e) All 1, 2 and 3
Ans(c)
4. European leaders agree on traty was the news in leading news paper in recent past .
Which of the following was the treaty on which leadres were of diverse views (Pick up the
correct statement) ?
1. The treaty was to make the EURO money a universal currency for all financial / monetary
transaction done by all the member countries w.e.f. April 2009.
2. Treaty was to defunct constitution of the Eropean Union by a new one.
3. Poland one of the newest members of the union was threatening to use its veto power if any
change is done in the present set up of the organization.
(a) only 1
(b) only 2
(c) only 3
(d) Both 1 and 2
(e) Both 2 and 3
Ans(b)
5. “Rajpaksha threatens to resolve Lanka parliament” was the news in leading newspaper a few days
back . Which of the following was the reason owing to which president threatens to take a drastic step
Downloaded from CBSE Sample Papers | CBSE Syllabus 2015, Textbooks, Schools CBSE.nic.in
? (pick up the correct statements).
1. A number of MPs from Sri Lanka Freedom party defecting to join another party launched by another
group of politicians.
2. A group of politicians under the leadership of former president Chandrika Kumartunga demanding
the postponement of elctions for the post of president due in the month of November 2007 so that
Chandrika can came back from exile and contest for the same.
3. Rajapaksha wants general public and also MPs to support his formula on peace with LTTE which is
not accepatble to most of the MPs.
(a) All 1,2 and 3
(b) Only 2
(c) Only 3
(d) Both 1 and 2
(e) Only 1
Ans(a)
6. Madhesi national liberation front (MNLF) is an organixation active in which of the following
countries ?
(a) Pakistan
(b) Myanmar
(c) Uganda
(d) Iran
(e) Nepal
Ans(e)
7. As per the Economic survey 2006-07 the food grain production may not touch the target fixed for
the year. What is the atrget of the same set for the period?
(a) 100 million tonnes
(b) 220 million tonnes
(c) 175 million tonnes
(d) 250 million tonnes
(e) 320 million tonnes
Ans(b)
8. Which of the following sector banks brought its equity share (follow on public issue) for the price
was set as Rs. 940 per equity ?
(a) ICICI Bank
(b) Karnataka Bank
(c) UTI Bank
(d) HDFC Bank
(e) None of these
Ans(a)
9. Prime minister of India recently unveiled an agricultural package during his visit to 53rd meeting of
the National Development Concil. What is the size of the package >
(a) Rs. 10,000 Crores
(b) Rs. 1s,000 Crores
(c) Rs. 20,000 Crores
Downloaded from CBSE Sample Papers | CBSE Syllabus 2015, Textbooks, Schools CBSE.nic.in
(d) Rs. 25,000 Crores
(e) Rs. 30,000 Crores
Ans(d)
10. Which of the following States achieved 100% financial inclusion (each and every family in the
state has atleast one bank account). ?
(a) Delhi
(b) Maharashtra
(c) West Bengal
(d) Kerala
(e) None of these
Ans(d)
Some Other Questions And Answers:-
1. Which of the following Departments of the Govt. of India is helping banks in disbursement of rural
credit by the bank ?
(A) Railways
(B) State Road Transpots
(C) Post and Telegraph
(D) Ministry of Health
(E) None of these
Ans (E)
2. Which of the following organization/agencies has established a fund known as ” investor production
fund” ?
(A) SEBI
(B) NABARD
(C) Bombay stock exchange
(D) AMFI
(E)None of these
Ans (C)
3.Who amongst the following is the Head of the RBI at present ?
(A) Mr. M.V.Kamath
(B) Mr. Y.V.Reddy
(C) Mr. N.R.Narayanmurthy
(D) Mr.O.P.Bhatt
(E)None of these
Ans (B)
4. Mjority of rural people still prefer to go to which of the following for their credit needs ?
(A) Money lenders
(B) Foreign Bankers
(C) NABARD
(D) RBI
(E) None of these
Ans (A)
5. india has different categories of commercial banks.Which of the following is NOT one such
categories ?
(A) Private Banks
(B) Commodities Banks
(C) Nationalized Banks
(D) Cooperative Banks
(E) Foreign Banks
Ans (B)
6.Which of the following types of Banks are allowed to operate foreign currency accounts ?
(1) Foreign Banks
(2) Regional Rural Banks
(3) Nationalized Banks
(A) Only i
(B) Only 2
(C) Only 3
(D) All 1,2and 3
(E) None of these
Ans (C)
7. Which of the following countries does not play International Cricket ?
(A) Russia
(B) England
(C) South Africa
(D) Pakistan
(E) India
Ans (A)
8. The money which Govt. of India spends on the development of infrastructure in country comes from
the which of the following sources ?
[Pick up the correct Statement(s)]
(1) Loan from World Bank/ADB etc
(2) Taxws collected from the people
(3) Loan from the RBI
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Only 3
(D) Both 1 and 2
(E) All 1,2 and 3
Ans (E)
9. The Securities and Exchange Board Of India (SEBI) recently imposed a restriction on money flow in
equity through ‘P Notes’. What is the full form of ‘P Notes’ ?
(A) Permanent Notes
(B) Perchase Notes
(C) Participatory-Notes
(D) Private Notes
(E) None of these
Ans (C)
10. Who amongst the following was the captain of the India cricket team who won thw Twenty-20
World Cup-2007 ?
(A) Yuvraj Singh
(B) M.S.Dhoni
(C) Rahul Dravid
(D) Saurav Ganguly
(E) None of these
Ans (B)
11. Mnay times we read in financial news paper about ‘FII’.What is the full form of ‘FII’?
(A) Final Investment in India
(B) Foreign Investment in India
(C) Formal Investment in India
(D) Fair Institutional Investment
(E) Foreign Institutional Investment
Ans (E)
12. Benazir Bhutto Is associated with which of the following parties
(A) Muslim League
(B) Pakistan Peoples Party
(C) Pakistan National Congress(D) Islamic Movement of Pakistan
(E) None of these
Ans (B)
13. One of the former prime ministers of which of the following countries was detained in house arrest
for a short period after his/her returns from a long exile ?
(A) Germany
(B) France
(C) Pakistan
(D) Brazil
(E) None of these
Ans (C)
14. Who amongst the following leaders from USA visited Isarael and Palestinian West Bank so that a
solution to the Isarael and palestinian problem can be worked out ?
(A) George Bush
(B) Al Gore
(C) Bill Clinton
(D) Condeleeza Rice
(E) None of these
Ans (A)
15. Justine Henin Won the women’s singles US Open Tennis Championship-2007 After defeating -
(A) Swetlana Kuznetsova
(B) Sania Mirza
(C) Dinara Safina
(D) Mathalie Dechy
(E) None of these
Ans (A)
16. As reported in papers the UN World Food Programmes stoped distributing food in Mogadishu Town
after its local head was abducted by the Govt. soldiers of the country.Mogadishu is the capital town of-
(A) Tanzania
(B) Turkey
(C) Cuba
(D) Libya
(E) Somalia
Ans (E)
17. The financial markets of the which of the following countries were badly affected by sub-prime
crisis ?
(A) Russia
(B) Brazil
(C) UK
(D) USA
(E)None of these
Ans (D)
18. which of the following countries in the world is the biggest consumer of gold ?
(A) USA
(B) Bangladesh
(C) Russia
(D) India
(E) None of these
Ans (D)
19. which of the following countries is NOT happy with the USA’s decision to award a cogressional
Medal to Dalai Lama Oof Tibet ?
(A) India
(B) Pakistan
(C) Nepal
(D) Myanmar
(E) China
Ans (E)
20. which of the following countries recently decided to launch a military action in Northern Iraq where
many Kurdish PKK fighters are based and they are killed people from that country ?
(A) India
(B) Afghanistan
(C) Pakistan
(D) Bangladesh
(E) Turkey
Ans (E)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in