Dedication/commitment
Joining coaching classes
Don’t lose hope
Understand all topics
Know paper pattern

Books

TANCET MBA (Anna University)
By V. V. K. Subburaj

Verbal Ability And Reading Comprehension For The CAT And Other MBA Entrance Examinations
By T. I. M. E.

Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning For The CAT And Other MBA Entrance Examination (With CD)
By T. I. M. E.
6th December 2014, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Preparation Tips for TANCET

I am a Electrical and Electronics Engineering student I want to do preparation for TANCET exam can you please give me some preparation tips for that ?
6th December 2014, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Preparation Tips for TANCET

TANCET is a Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test.
It is an Entrance Examination which is organized for admission to the professional Post Graduate courses.
TANCET examination is conducted by Anna University.

I am giving you some preparation tips for this exam:

Candidates should do study according to syllabus.

Candidates should do study according to paper pattern.

Candidates should maintain a time table for studies.

Candidates must do practice of previous year papers.

Candidates must do revision again and again.

Candidates should collect good study material.

Candidates should use good books of exam.

I am giving you the syllabus of TANCET Electrical and Electronics Engineering:

i) Electrical Circuits and Fields : KCL, KVL, Nodal & Mesh analysis, transient response of D.C and A.C networks; sinusoidal steady-state analysis; resonance in electrical circuits; concepts of ideal voltage and current sources, network theorems, driving point admittance and transfer functions of two port network, three phase circuits; Fourier series and its application; Gauss theorem, electric field intensity and potential due to point, line, plane and spherical charge distribution, dielectric, capacitance calculations for simple configurations; Ampere’s and Biot-Savart’s law, inductance calculations for simple configurations.

ii) Electrical machines : Single phase transformer-equivalent circuit, phasor diagram, tests, regulation and efficiency; three phase transformer-connections; auto transformer; principles of energy conversion, windings of rotating machines: D.C generators and motors-characteristics, starting and speed control, armature reaction and commutation; three phase induction motors-performance characteristics, starting and speed control; single-phase induction motors; synchronous generators- performance, regulation; synchronous motors-starting characteristics, applications, synchronous condensers; fractional horse power motors; permanent magnet and stepper motors.

iii) Power Systems : Electric power generation – thermal, hydro, nuclear; transmission line parameters; steady-state performance of overhead transmission lines and cables and surge propagation; distribution system, insulators, bundle conductors, corona and radio interferences effects; per-unit quantities; bus admittance and impedence matrices; load flow; voltage control and power factor correction; economic operation; symmetrical components, analysis of symmetrical and unsymmetrical faults; principle of over current, differential and distance protections; concepts and solid state relays and digital protection; circuit breakers; principles of system stability-swing curves and equal area criterion.

iv) Control systems : Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagram; steady-state errors; stability-Routh and Nyquist criteria; Bode plots; compensation; root loci; elementary state variable formulation; state transition matrix and response for Linear time Invariant systems.

v) Power Electronics and Drives : Semiconductor power devices-diodes, transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTO, MOSFETs and IGBTs-static characteristic and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters-fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters, basic concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives.

vi) Digital Electronics : Digital Logic Theory: Number systems-Combinational logic circuits-Minimisation of Boolean functions-IC families-Arithmetic circuits, Multiplexer & decoders-Sequential circuits-Flip flops, counters, shift registers, Schmitt trigger, timers and multivibrators. Microprocessor : General 8 bit microprocessor Architcture-8085, 8086 processor – Architecture, Memory, I/O interfacing, Instruction set, Addressing modes, Timing diagram & delays, Machine cycles, Interrupts, counters, Assembly language programming. Microcontrollers: 8 bit microcontroller – 8051 architecture, bus configuration, Instruction sets, programming & applications.

vii) Digital Signal Processing : Analog signals-sampling & Aliasing-Discrete time signals & systems- LTI systems- Convolution sum-Difference equation representation-Z Transform & its Inverse-Discrete Fourier series & Fourier transform-Radix 2 FFT – Decimation in me and frequency- Inverse DFT using FFT-Analog Butterworth & Chebyshev filter design-IIR & FIR filter design and Realisation.

viii) Computer Control of Processes, Networks :State models and state equations-controllability & observability-pole assignment-discrete data system – state space representation-stability-data hold, Z &
modified Z transform – Pulse transfer function-programmable logic controllers. Data networks-switching OSI, Data link control, Media access protocol-BISYNC, SDLC, HDLC, CSMA/CD, TCP/IPBridges, routers, gateways, Ethernet and Arcnet configuration.

ix) Communication Engineering : Modulation and demodulation systems – Types of transmission lines – losses – standing waves – Ground wave and space wave propagation – Digital communication concepts – Data Communication codes, serial and parallel interface – Network protocol – Types of satellites – Advantages of optical fibre communication.

x) Measurements, Instrumentation and Transducers : Measurement of R, L and C-Bridges, potentiometers & galvanometers- Measurement of voltage, current, power, power factor and energy- Instrument transformers, Q meter, Waveform Analysers – Digital voltmeter, multimeter-Time, phase and frequency measurements-Oscilloscope – display and recording devices – Noise and interference in Instrumentation.

xi) Industrial Instrumentation : Measurement of displacement, stress, strain, force, torque, velocity, Acceleration, Shock, vibration, humidity, viscosity & density- Pressure, temperature, flow & level measurement.

xii) Analytical Instrumentation : Spectro Photometers-Spectral methods of analysis-source detectors and applications – Ion conductivity-sampling systems, ion selective electrodes, conductivity and pH meters- Analysers – Chromatography – NMR & X ray spectroscopy – GM and proportional counters-Mass spectrometer.

Units and standards-Calibration methods-Errors-Transducer classification, static characteristics, mathematical mode, zero, I and II order transducers – Response to different inputs-variable Resistance, Inductance and capacitance transducers-Piezo electric, Magnetostrictive, IC and smart sensors- Digital, Fibre optic, Hall effect and feedback transducers

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in