2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th June 2015, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Pre Phd Exam Kakatiya University

As you are looking for the Kakatiya University Phd entrance exam syllabus , here I am providing same for you .

Unit -I: Introduction to Organisation and Management Organisation: - Definition and nature of Organisations - Characteristics - Types of organizations: Formal and informal - Management: Definition and Characteristics. Management as an Art. Science and Profession. Concept of efficiency and effectiveness - Functions of Management; Planning Organisation, Staffing, Leading, and Controlling -Approaches: an Overview of Classical. Human Relations and Systems Approaches -Fayol‘s Principles of Management.

Unit - II: Planning and Decision Making: Types of Plans - MBO - Decision Making: Decision Making Process, Types of Decisions - Decision Making Models: Classical, Administrative and Political - Group Decision Making Techniques: Brain Storming, Delphi, Nominal Group technique, Lotus Blossom Techniques.
Kakatiya University Phd entrance exam syllabus
BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Unit-I: Business and its Environment
Concept of Business Environment - Characteristics of Business Environment -Significance -Environmental Scanning - Process - Techniques of Environmental Scanning - Practices o! Environmental Scanning.
Unit-II: Economic Environment
Economic system - Nature, Growth and Role of Public Sector - Privatization - Nature of Objectives - Privatization Routes - Disinvestment - Globalization - Nature and Rationale - Multinational Corporations - India & WTO- Fiscale and Monetary Policy - Foreign Direct Investment - Mergers and Acquisitions - Business Process outsourcing -Competition Policy.
Unit-III: Political, Social & Cultural Environment

Political Institutions - Legislature, Executive, Judiciary and Judicial Activism - Culture and Business Ethics - Social Responsibility of Business - Nature, Models and Strategies - Corporate Governance & Corporate Social Responsibility - Social Audit - Ecology and Business - Nature of Physical Environment - Impact on Business.
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
Unit-I: Introduction
Nature, Scope and Significance of Managerial Economics Tools and Techniques of Analysis-Theory of Firm - Alternatives - Objectives of Firm - Functions of Managerial Economist.
Unit-II: Demand Analysis
Demand Analysis - Significance - Demand Functions - Law of Demand - Elasticity of Demand -Supply Analysis, Supply function, Elasticity of Supply - Significance of Elasticity Demand in Pricing Decision - Demand Forecasting - Techniques of Demand forecasting. (Simple Problems)
Unit-Ill: Market Analysis
Structure of Competition - Features of Perfect competition - Types of Imperfect Competition -Features of Monopoly - Negative consequences of Monopoly - Oligopoly Competition -Monopolistic Competition - Price and Output in different competitive situations - Pricing Methods ‗ - Dual Pricing - Administered Price - Subsidies - Trend towards Monopolistic Competition -Emerging scenario of Oligopoly Competition with mergers and Acquisitions in National and International Market ( M & A).
ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS
Unit-I: Accounting and Economic Decisions
Processing Transactions - Accounting Cycle - Journal Ledger - Trial Balance -Accounting for Merchandising Transactions - Internal Control Systems relating to Cash and Receivables - Basic Accounting concepts and Conventions.

STATISTICS FOR MANAGEMENT
Statistics: Meaning and Salient Features of Statistics - Statistical Techniques - Role of Statistical Techniques in Management Decision Making - Techniques of Business Forecasting: Correlation and Regression Analysis with two variables.
Unit-II: Probability and Probability Distributions
Probability: Concepts of Probability - Additive and Multiplicative Laws-Baye‘s Decision Rule -Probability Distributions: Binomial, Poisson and Normal distribution.
Unit-III: Sampling Theory and Tests of Significance
Sampling: concept of Sampling - Reasons for Sampling - types of Samplies -Estimation - Hypothesis Testing - Types-I and Type-II Errors - Large Sample Tests: Mean Test - Difference between Two Means - Difference between Two Standard Deviations - small sample Tests: Mean Test - Difference between Two Dependent Samples of Paired Observations.
BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS
Business Research: definition - Types of Business Research Scientific Investigation: The Building Blocks of Science in Research - Deduction and Induction. The Language of Research: Concepts. Constructs, Definitions, Variables, Propositions and Hypothesis, Theory and Models. Technology and Business research: Information needs of Business -Technologies used in Business Research: The Internet, E-mail, Browsers and Websites. Role of Business Research in Managerial Decisions Ethics in Business Research: Ethical Treatment of Participants - Informed Consent, Rights to Privacy, Confidentiality.
Unit-II: Collection and Analysis of Data
Sources of Data - Primary source of Data - Secondary source of Data - Data Collection Methods -Interviews: Structured Interviews and Unstructured Interviews - Face to face and Telephone Interviews - Observational Surveys - questionnaire construction: Organizing questions

- Structured and Unstructured Questionnaires - Guidelines for construction of questionnaires. Data Analysis: an overview of Descriptive, Associational and Inferential Statistical Measures.
Unit-III: The Research Report
Research Reports - Components - The Title Page - Table of Contents - Trie Executive Summary -The Introductory Section - the Body of the Report - the Final Part of the Report - Acknowledgements - References - Appendix - Guidelines for Preparing a Good Research Report Oral Presentation -Deciding on the Content - Visual Aids - the presenter - The Presentation and Handling Questions.
For detailed syllabus , here is the attachment;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kakatiya University Phd entrance exam syllabus.pdf (503.9 KB, 583 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in