2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th June 2015, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Potato TNAU

I want to do research on Potato. So please tell me can I do research from TNAU University? Provide me contact details of TNAU University to get enquiry about Department that provides facility for research on Potato? Please provide me some important points of old projects based on this topic.
Similar Threads
Thread
Tnau ssl
Tnau ait
Tnau dee
New VC of TNAU
Central Potato Research Institute Kufri
Director Central Potato Research Institute Shimla
Potato Vodkas List
Central Potato Research Institute Kufri
Sweet Potato TNAU
Indian Potato Research Institute Shimla
MBA in TNAU
Tnau mba
Tnau pro
Tnau pdf
Tnau cbe
Tnau aws
Nss tnau
Central Potato Research Institute India
Central institute of potato research
Central potato research institute in India
8th May 2018, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Re: Potato TNAU

I want to know the seasons and the soil for Potato cultivation in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) so can you tell me?
8th May 2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Potato TNAU

I am telling you the seasons and the soil for Potato cultivation in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU).

TNAU Potato Solanum tuberosum L. Solanaceae

Varieties

Kufri Jyoti, Kufri Muthu, Kufri Swarna, Kufri Thangam, Kufri Malar, Kufri Soga and Kufri Giriraj are commonly cultivated.

Soil

The soil should be friable, porous and well drained. The optimum soil pH range is 4.8 to 5.4. It prefers a cool weather. Potato is mostly grown as a rainfed crop in regions receiving a rainfall of 1200 2000 mm per annum.

Season

Hills
Summer : March April
Autumn : August September
Irrigated : January February

Plains

Planting is done during October November in plains.

Seed rate

About 3000 3500 kg/ha of seeds is required.

Seed treatment

Use Carbon disulphide 30 g/100 kg of seeds for breaking the dormancy and inducing sprouting of tubers.

True potato seed

The cost of seed tubers and spread of virus disease can be greatly minimized by using true potato seeds. The hybrids developed by Central Potato Research Institute viz., HPS 1/13, HPS 11/13 and HPS 24/111 are suitable for true potato seed production. The seeds are raised in nursery beds like other vegetables and seedlings are transplanted 30 days after sowing. For raising one hectare of crop, a quantity of 100 g seed is required.

Contact-

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
TNAU - RI Block, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, PN Pudur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641003
0422 661 1200

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in