2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th December 2014, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Possible to Change Exam city for GATE exam

GATE stand for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering that is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for admission in various PG engineering program

As you are looking here for get info about exam city changes possibility so according to my knowledge in GATE examination one you can send request for change of your examination center before November 21, 2014 (Friday)

GATE 2015 Important Dates
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: September 01, 2014 (Monday)

Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: October 01, 2014 (Wednesday, 23.59 Hrs)

Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City: November 21, 2014 (Friday) Availability of Admit Card on the Online

Application Interface for printing: December 17, 2014 (Wednesday)
GATE 2015 Online Examination Forenoon: 09.00 AM to 12.00 Noon, Afternoon: 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM: 31st January, 1st, 07th, 08th and 14th February 2015 (Saturday and Sunday)

Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: March 12, 2015 (Thursday, 17.00 Hrs)
23rd February 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

I want to change my Exam city for GATE exam will you please tell me that is it possible or not ?
23rd February 2015, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Candidates who are appearing for GATE can change their examination centers chosen earlier in the application process.

Candidates must have to follow following steps for changing examination center:

Candidate will have to sent a demand draft of Rs 400 to IIT Kanpur for changing the GATE examination city as chosen by the candidate.

The DD should be drawn in favor of Chairman, GATE payable at Kanpur.

Candidates must superscribe the envelope as: "Change of GATE Exam City."

The demand draft has to be sent to the following address: Chairperson, GATE, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur - 208016.

GATE IIT Bombay, Powai Exam Centers:

Ahmedabad
Ahmednagar
Amravati
Anand
Aurangabad
Bhavnagar
Bhuj
Gandhinagar
Goa
Hyderabad
Jalgaon