2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th March 2016, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Point 5 Rule In Osmania University

Candidates who have passed all the examinations of the B.E/ B.Tech Degree Course shall be awarded Division in accordance with the grade secured by them in all the I and II Semester Examinations.

Grading System

The grade given to students of B.E/ B.Tech I, II, III and IV years, taken together, including the sessional marks secured in those years.

The grade secured shall be shown in the memorandum of marks as per the performance in End Examinations including sessional marks.

A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 5 is required for the award of Degree.

The consolidated memorandum of marks will reflect the credits I grade scored in each subject.

2. Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) & CGPA Calculation:
Two internal tests will be conducted in a semester.

Each test will be of 20 Marks, 6 marks for Part-A consisting of objective / short answer questions and 14 marks for Part-B consisting of subjective questions.

The average of two tests plus marks obtained in assignments /quizzes etc. out of 5 marks will be taken as sessional marks.

(a) SGPA = ∑ (Letter Grade Point) x (Credits)/ ∑ (Credits)

SGPA is calculated only when all subjects in that semester are Passed.

(b) CGPA = ∑ (SGPA) x (Credits) / ∑ (Total Credits)

CGPA is calculated only when total credits earned are equal to total credits prescribed as per scheme up to a Semester in which the candidate has last appeared for End Examination.

Award Of Degree

The degree of Bachelor of Engineering / Technology will be conferred on candidate who has pursued a regular course of study of four academic years and has passed all the examinations as prescribed in the scheme of examinations

1. Award of Division CGPA Division

8.0 and above First Class with Distinction

6.5 and less than 8.0 First division

5.5 and less than 6.5 Second division

5.0 and less than 5.5 Pass division

Contact details

Osmania University  
Osmania University Main Rd, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2363

[MAP]Osmania University[/MAP]

Last edited by sumit; 13th December 2019 at 02:15 PM.
11th August 2019, 09:10 PM
sivacharan112

Hello sir,
I had 3 backlogs..2 backlogs in 2nd year and 1 in 4th year..In 4th year 1subject i got 24marks and In 2nd year 1subject i got 21marks another 1subject i got 20marks please help me out sir Is 0.5 rule is applicable for this?? please reply as soon
13th August 2019, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I had 2 backlogs...one in 2nd year and one in 4th year ..In 2nd year one subject i got 12 marks and 4th year one subject i got 24marks and i had applied for advance supply exam for 4th year..sir please tell me that 0.5 rule is applicable to complete by BE???... please help me out sir please here below im sending my mail id lifeof_pai@yahoo.com please send me other details how to apply for 0.5 rule in ou??
15th July 2023, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

is this applicable for degree students

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in