2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

12th April 2015, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Phy 102 iitk

Hey can anyone provide me the details about the PHY 102 PHYSICS - I (Mechanics) course provided by the IITK also I want to know what the link of Dr. Harshawardhan Wanare is with PHY 102 PHYSICS - I (Mechanics) course?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitk phy 102
Me 251 iitk
IITK Chm
Eso 202 iitk
Iitk mit
Ppk iitk
Kvs iitk
IITK Ta 201
Els iitk
Iitk kvs
Ime 602 IITK
IITK New SAC
Phd in IITK
Phi 141 IITK
Iitk mse
Ai iitk
Me 301 iitk
Emg iitk
phy 103 iitk
Ynm iitk
23rd July 2018, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Re: Phy 102 iitk

Hello sir, Im student of IIT Kanpur looking for assignments for Physics code Phy102. Please provide me Phy 102 IIT Kanpur assignment?
23rd July 2018, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Phy 102 iitk

The IIT Kanpur was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959. The institute was started in December 1959 in a room in the canteen building of the Harcourt Butler Technological Institute at Agricultural Gardens in Kanpur.

The institute moved to its present location, on the Grand Trunk Road near the village of Kalyanpur in Kanpur district.

The institute began an independent academic program in Computer Science and Engineering, leading to M.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees.

Click for Phy 102 IIT Kanpur assignment:

Here is Phy 102 IIT Kanpur assignment:

Assignment-1
1. A particle is moving on a spiral path described by r = 2. If the angle varies with time as  = 1/2t2, find the radial and tangential acceleration of theparticle as function of time.

2. Obtain expressions for.and in spherical polar co-ordinates. Use these to express acceleration of a particle in spherical co-ordinate system.

3. (i) N beads of equal mass m are tied in a series at a distance l between two beads with strings of negligible mass. The assembly is kept on a horizontal frictionless table and rotated with an angular speed ω about origin O.

Find the tension in each string.
(ii) Generalize the above problem to a rope of length L and mass per unit length λ that is being rotated on a frictionless horizontal table with angular speed ω. Find the tension in the rope as a function of distance x from the center O. Do it both by letting l 0 in the answer in part (i)
and also by direct integration.

4. Which of the following quantities transform as vector r under rotation about
the z axis.

5. Classify the following objects as scalar, vector and none of these (a)

IIT Kanpur clubs:

Dance Club
Fine Arts Club
Dramatics Club
English Literary Society
Films & Media Council

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in