2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th May 2018, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Re: PHD IGNOU eligibility

I completed master degree and planning to do PhD degree from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Can you tell what the PHD IGNOU Eligibility so that I can apply for admission here also provide me list of fields in which PHD courses offered by university?
15th May 2018, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Re: PHD IGNOU eligibility

The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended its outreach beyond the borders of the country.

At present, IGNOU is offering academic programmes in 35 countries across the globe through 62 Partner Institutions.

PHD IGNOU Eligibility

(a) Master's Degree from a University recognized by UGC in the relevant discipline with atleast 55% marks [50%marks in the case of SC,ST and OBC(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19th September,1991].

(b) Candidates holding M.Phil. degree (along with course work and dissertation both) or those candidates who have cleared NET (conducted by UGC/CSIR/ICAR) or any other equivalent examination will be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test.

(c) Those who have not cleared NET/any other equivalent examination or not holding M.Phil. Degree will be required to appear in the Entrance Test.

PhD offered in following:

Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture Extension
Ph.D in Dairy Science and Technology
Doctor of Philosophy in Biochemistry
Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry
Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering
Doctor of Philosophy in Commerce
Doctor of Philosophy Computer Science
Doctor of Philosophy in Economics
Doctor of Philosophy in English
Doctor of Philosophy in Extension & Development Studies

IGNOU Regional Centre