2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th August 2014, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: PhD Computer Science and Engineering question papers of Reva University in PDF

As you want to get the PhD Computer Science and Engineering question papers of Reva University in PDF so here it is for you:
:

Note:
1) The question paper is in TWO parts, viz: Part-I and Part-II.
2) Part-I consists 50 questions of objective type carrying 1 mark each (50 x 1 = 50 marks)
3) Part-II consists of 25 questions of objective type carrying 2 marks each (25 x 2 = 50 marks)
4) All questions are compulsory.
PART –I (50 x 1 = 50)
1) Which of the following expressions is in the sum-of-products (SOP) form?
A. (A + B) (C + D)
B. (A) B (CD)
C. AB (CD)
D. AB + CD
2) The DBMS acts as an interface between what two components of an enterprise-class database
system?
A. Database application and the database
B. Data and the database
C. The user and the database application
D. Database application and SQL
PART – II (25 x 2 = 50)
1. Let F (w, x, y, z) =∑ (0, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15). Which of the following expressions are not
equivalent to F?
a. X’Y’Z’ + W’XY’ + WY’Z + XZ
b. W’Y’Z’+WX’Y’+XZ
c. W’Y’Z’+WX’Y’+XYZ+XY’Z
d. X’Y’Z’+WX’Y’+W’Y
2. (1217)8 is equivalent to
a. (1217)16
b. (028F)16
c. (2297)10
d. (0B17)16
23rd March 2015, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Re: PhD Computer Science and Engineering question papers of Reva University in PDF

Hi I want the question paper of entrance exam of PhD Computer Science and Engineering of Reva University?
23rd March 2015, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, as you want the question paper of entrance exam of PhD Computer Science and Engineering of Reva University so here I am providing you.

RU PhD Computer Science and Engineering entrance exam question paper

The question paper is based on the following topics-

Discrete Mathematical
Structures: Set theory, properties of integers, relations and functions, groups.

Graph Theory: Trees, optimization and matching, counting, inclusion and exclusion, generating functions, reference functions.

Computer Organization and Architecture: Memory system, arithmetic unit, processing unit.

Logic Design and Microprocessors: Digital and combinational logic circuits, flip-flops, registers and counters, cup-sequential circuits, Microprocessor architecture, programming, and memory organization.

Data Structures and Algorithms: Arrays, stacks, queues and linked lists, trees.

Object Oriented Programming: OOPs concepts, classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling.

System Software and Operating Systems: Machine architectures, assemblers, loaders and linkers, editors and debuggers. Operating system concepts, types, process management, process synchronization, memory management.

Data Base Management Systems: ER model, relational algebra, SQL, database design. Computer Networks: OSI reference model, multiple accesses and either net, routing, TCP/IP model.

Software Engineering: Software processes and critical systems, requirements, system models, software design, development, verification and validation, management.

Question Paper-

Duration: 2.00 Hours.
Total Marks = 100

The question paper is in TWO parts, viz: Part-I and Part-II.

Part-I consists 50 questions of objective type carrying 1 mark each (50 x 1 = 50 marks)

Part-II consists of 25 questions of objective type carrying 2 marks each (25 x 2 = 50 marks)

PART –I (50 x 1 = 50)

1) Which of the following expressions is in the sum-of-products (SOP) form?
A. (A + B) (C + D)
B. (A) B (CD)
C. AB (CD)
D. AB + CD

2) The DBMS acts as an interface between what two components of an enterprise-class database
system?
A. Database application and the database
B. Data and the database
C. The user and the database application
D. Database application and SQL

PART – II (25 x 2 = 50)

1. Let F (w, x, y, z) =∑ (0, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15). Which of the following expressions are not
equivalent to F?
a. X’Y’Z’ + W’XY’ + WY’Z + XZ
b. W’Y’Z’+WX’Y’+XZ
c. W’Y’Z’+WX’Y’+XYZ+XY’Z
d. X’Y’Z’+WX’Y’+W’Y

2. (1217)8 is equivalent to
a. (1217)16
b. (028F)16
c. (2297)10
d. (0B17)16

Contact Details

REVA University
Rukmini Knowledge Park, Kattigenahalli,Yelahanka,, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560064 ‎
080 6568 7563 ‎

Map location

[MAP]REVA University [/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in