2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th April 2016, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

PGPM Is Better Or MBA

Hello sir, I’m confused to select course between PGPM and MBA. Can any one tell me which course is better for me from PGPM or MBA?
Similar Threads
Thread
PGPM IIM Ahmedabad
IIM Trichy PGPM Eligibility
Spjimr pgpm aicte
PGPM IIM Trichy
IIM Tiruchirappalli PGPM
PGPM vs MBA
SP Jain PGPM List
Admission in Ph. D after PGPM
SP Jain PGPM Results
26th April 2016, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PGPM Is Better Or MBA

As per you confirmation and for your confusion here I’m giving you some basic difference of MBA or PGPM. M.B.A. is a degree that is provided by the colleges that are affiliated to a University and these universities are controlled by the University Grants Commissions.

And in other hand the P.G.P.M. is a certificate programme that is generally provided by the colleges that are not affiliated to any University and the institution functions as an autonomous body.

Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is a master’s degree offered by UGC approved universities.

MBA is a 2 years full-time course, MBA programs expose students to several areas of business like finance, accounting, marketing, strategy, human resource, operations and many other competitive fields.

And in other hand Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) is not a degree rather just a certificate awarded presenting the successful completion of Post Graduate Programme in Management in particular institution.

A typical one-two year’s program, PGPM program are generally offered by institutions without any affiliation with university.

Eligibility
For MBA:
A graduate degree in any stream

For PGPM:
A graduate degree in any stream Some colleges may also ask for some work experience.

Entrance Examination:

For MBA:
Generally, through state level university examination

For PGPM:
Generally, on the basis of minimum eligibility that requires at least under graduation.

Available Modes:
For MBA:
Full-Time, Part-Time and distance learning

For PGPM:
Full-Time, Part-Time and distance learning

Fees are high in case of PGPM as compared to MBA.

PGPM is much more flexible in terms of syllabus as syllabus is not bounded by a particular university.

Ideally PGPM program is residential while MBA is not.

But choice is your according to me both courses are better.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in