2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2014, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Re: PGECET Civil Engineering Question Paper

Here I am providing the list of few questions of Civil Engineering Question Paper of PGECET exam which you are looking for .
Two people weighing W each are sitting on a plank of length L floating on water at L/4 from either end. Neglecting the weight of the plank, the bending moment at the centre of the plank is
(A) WL/8(B) WL/16 (C) WL/32 (D)zero

The major and minor principal stresses at a point are 3MPa and -3MPa respectively. The maximum shear stress at the point Is
(A) Zero (B) 3MPa (C) 6MPa (D)9MPa

The number of independent elastic constants for a linear elastic isotropic and homogeneous material Is
(A) 4 (B) 3 (C) 2 (D)1

The effective length of a column of length L fixed against rotation and translation at one end and free at the other end Is
(A) 0.5 L (B) 0.7 L (C) 1.414 L (D)2L

As per India standard code of practice for pre stressed concrete (IS:1343-1980) the minimum grades of concrete to he used for post-tensioned and pre-tensioned structural elements are respectively
(A) M20 for both (B) M40 and M30 (C) M15 and M20 (D)M30 and M40

In compressed air tunneling, the volume of free air provided is
6 mJ per second per m2 of face area
6 m3 per minute per m2 of face area
20 m3 per minute per m2 of face area
6 m3 per hour per m2 of face area

The needle beam method of tunnelling (i) is suitable for soils in which roof can stand for few minutes without support (ii) is suitable for brick lining (iii) is suitable for concrete lining (iv) requires large number of trench jacks Of these statements
only (i) is correct
(i), (ii) and (iv) are correct
(i), (iii) and (iv) are correct
(i) and (ii) are correct

Assertion A : When rock conditions are favorable, it will not be necessary to take up concrete lining concurrently with the driving operations till the full length of the tunnel has been driven through rock. Reason R : A tunnel through rock, hard or soft, does not need any concrete lining. Select your answer based on the coding system given below:
Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
A is true but R is false.
A is false but R is true.

Assertion A : English method of tunneling requires more time as compared to other methods of tunneling. Reason R : In English method of tunneling, the masons and excavators have to work alternately. Select your answer based on the coding system given below :
Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
Both A and R are true and R is not the correct explanation of A.
A is true but R is false.
A is false but R is true.

What is the correct sequence of the following events of construction of a shaft in rock ? 1 drilling and blasting 2 timbering 3 pumping 4 mucking Select the correct answer usiny the codes given below Codes :

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in