2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th June 2015, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Pgcet vtu

I have cleared Post Graduate Common Entrance Test PGCET exam and now I want to get admission in Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU so is this University accepts the PGCET scores? Tell me the selection process for admission in Visvesvaraya Technological University?
Similar Threads
Thread
MBA pgcet kea
Pgcet svu
PGCET.Org
MBA Cut Off PGCET
Mca pgcet
Kea pgcet
AP PGCET Key
Pgcet pu
Pgcet mba
Kea mba pgcet
Ou pgcet
Pgcet for MBA
Vtu pgcet-14
When is PGCET
Hcu pgcet
Svu pgcet
Ru pgcet
Pgcet mds
Online application form of Karnataka PGCET to get admission in PGCET
Vtu pgcet
8th May 2020, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Re: Pgcet vtu

Can you tell me if I have to clear PGCET for admission in Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program offered by VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University), Belagavi?
8th May 2020, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Pgcet vtu

Master of Business Administration Programme offered by VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University), Belagavi shall be a full time programme extended over a period of two academic year duration divided into four semesters and each semester shall be of 16 weeks duration.

Eligibility for Admission

Admission to MBA Program is for the candidates who have passed recognized Bachelor Degree of minimum of 3 years duration or equivalent exam and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all years of the Degree Exam and 45% of marks in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates. (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates).

For admissions under PGCET qualification and Roaster system of Government of Karnataka:

There shall be an Entrance Examination (PGCET) for admission to the MBA programme.
A candidate seeking admission to MBA Programme offered in any of the Engineering
Colleges affiliated to VTU shall appear for the Exam.

For admission under Government quota:
Ranks obtained in PGCET entrance examination, conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), shall be considered.

For admissions under Management Quota:
One should have appeared for the Entrance Exam conducted by KEA (PGCET)/ Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) or appeared and qualified under any approved entrance exam conducted by the authority recognized by Government of Karnataka/VTU /any other University of Karnataka state.

Further, there shall be an Admissions Committee for conducting the interview and selects the candidates for admission

MBA Courses

The curriculum of the Programme shall be any combination of following type of courses:

i) Professional Core Courses (PC) - relevant to the chosen specialization/ branch. The core course is to be compulsorily studied by a student and is mandatory to complete the requirements of a programme in a said discipline of study.

ii) Professional Electives Courses (PE) - relevant to the chosen specialization/ branch: these are the courses, which can be chosen from the pool of papers. It shall be supportive to the discipline/ providing extended scope/enabling an exposure to some other discipline / domain / nurturing student skills.

iii) Open Electives Courses (OE) - from other technical and/ or emerging specialization areas.

iv) Project Work, Seminar.

v) Audit Courses (AC):
(a) The Audit course can be any credit course offered by the program to which one is admitted (other than the courses considered for completing the prescribed program credits).
(b) One interested in audit courses can register for one audit course at a time during II to IV semester.
One who has registered to audit courses, considered on par with students registered to the same course for credit; have to satisfy attendance and CIE requirements. However, they need not have to appear for SEE.
(c) Registration for any audit course, in writing, is completed at the beginning of each semester. The Institution should intimate the Registrar (Evaluation) about the registration at the beginning of the semester and obtain a formal approval for inclusion of the audit course/s in the Grade cards/ Transcripts issued to the students.

vi) Professional training/Internship: Preferably at an industry/ R and D organization/IT company/ Government organization/Business organization of significant repute for a specified period mentioned in Scheme of Teaching and Examination

Contact Detail:
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
Jnana Sangama, Belagavi – 590 018, Karnataka
Phone: 0831 -2498100/2405468
Fax; 2405467
E – Mail: registrar@vtu.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in