2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

14th April 2015, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Pest Of Rice TNAU

Hello sir I have confusion that my friend asked me, Do you know about Pest Of Rice??? But sir that time I didn’t know about Pest Of Rice so I gainsaid to him so sir would you please tell me what is Pest Of Rice?? What is meaning?? And what is the connection to the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University??
Similar Threads
Thread
Department of Rice TNAU
TNAU Rice Varieties
Rice MBA ALP project
Rice MBA fees
RUI RUI DU Rice University
Rice MBA Deadlines
Rice MBA OSS
Pest Of Maize TNAU
India Rice
Rice MBA Cost
Rice MBA Admissions
MBA Rice Cost
Rice MBA ALP Project
Rice Executive MBA
MBA rice university
Rice MBA GMAT
Joe soto rice MBA
Rice MBA Internship
ECGC Rice
MS In Rice University
26th July 2018, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Re: Pest Of Rice TNAU

I want to know the Pest of paddy of Rice Skipper in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University TNAU so can you tell me?
26th July 2018, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Pest Of Rice TNAU

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is an agricultural university located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.

Crop Protection : Pest of paddy

Rice skipper: Pelopidas mathias

Symptom of damage:

Edges of the leaves are fastened with webbing
Backward rolling of leaves
Caterpillar feeds from margin to inwards

Identification of insect pest:

Eggs: are white or pale yellow and spherical. They are pearl-like in appearance.

Larva: The larval bodies of both species are green. They differ in the coloration on the head. One larva has reddish vertical bands at each lateral side of the head and the other one has brown bands that are closer together and W-shaped. The mature caterpillar measures 50 mm long.

Pupa: The pupae of both species are light brown or light green. They have pointed ends.

Adult: The adults of the two species are light brown with orange markings and white spots on the wings. They can be distinguished by the pattern of white spots on the wings. One adult has seven C-shaped white spots on the front wing and four white spots on the hind wing. The other one has four small spherical white spots and two elongated spots on the front wing and the hind wing lacks spots

Management:

Drain the water and spray chlorpyriphos 20 EC 1250 ml/ha

Contact-

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
TNAU - RI Block, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, PN Pudur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641003
0422 661 1200

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in