2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd May 2015, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

PDF in IITM

After M.Sc I want to apply for Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) at IIT Madras (Indian Institute of Technology Madras) so please provide me details to apply including required exam? Also give me Guidelines for Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship at IIT Madras?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitm ece
Oe iitm
Iitm tts
Clt iitm
IITM Dom
Map of IITM
Phd iitm
Cfi iitm
Iitm ms ee
IITM M.Sc
Hsr iitm
MSC in IITM
IITM Hyd
Iitm ee
Iitm oed
Iitm ce
IITM EE Stores IITM EE
Ccd iitm
Iitm cc
IITM Zip
19th May 2018, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Re: PDF in IITM

I want to join Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) for doing Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (FDP) searching for course details. Will you tell what the Guidelines for Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship at IIT Madras along with eligibility criteria to apply for course?
19th May 2018, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PDF in IITM

Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is one among the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological education, basic and applied research

Guidelines for Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship at IIT Madras

Eligibility:

PhD degree (within five years after completion of Ph.D).
Age: not more than 35 years (age relaxation for women and reserved category by 5 years)
PhD scholars after submission of thesis are also eligible to apply for Institute PDF posts.
Provisional degree or certificate needs to submit in case candidate has not been awarded degree within 6 months from the date of appointment as Institute PDF.
IITM Ph.D scholars are not encouraged to apply for Institute PDF. Nevertheless, outstanding candidates on merit can apply in exceptional cases which will be considered by the Department Standing Committee.

Application Processing & Interview:

Applications received will be forwarded to Departments to shortlist the candidates to be called for interview.
Soft copy of the interview call letter (with format for TA claim & NOC) will be sent to Department.
Candidates called for interview may apply for reimbursement of II AC to and fro by shortest route.

Selection & Offer:

The selection is done twice a year.
After getting the approval from the competent authority, the offer will be sent by the Department along with the Medical History form and Relief Certificate.

Duration And Joining:

Duration of the fellowship will be for 2 years initially which can be extended for further for one more year based on the progress of the PDF and the recommendation of the Department.
After joining as Institute PDF, the PDF has to give joining report.

Indian Institute of Technology Madras
IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036
INDIA

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in