2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Passing Marks Required To Qualify NDA Exam

There is no minimum cut off marks defined for National defence academy examination by UPSC.

To appear for National Defence Academy Examination you should completed 10+2 examination.

The main speciality or opportunity for NDA examination that is organized twice time in years and for that your age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.This examination mainly classified into two parts :

1. Part -I

2. Part -II

In Part -I questions will consist Mathematics section and cut-off is decided for each part.
There are total 300 marks paper comprises Mathematics and topics for this section are Algebra,Trigonometry ,Integral Calculus and Statics.

The mode of Part-I will be purely objective type .
But Part -II is based on General Ability
There are total 600 marks questions will be asked from this section.

This section further divided into two section :
English and General Knowledge.

Physical requirement are following as :

1) You must be free from any diseases and physical fit applicants are eligible for National Defence Academy.

2) Your minimum acceptable height should be 157.5 cms. and your chest length should be fully developed and less than 81 cms.

3) Your Myopia should not exceed than 2.5 diapter and Hypermetropia not more than 3.5 diapter.
21st March 2015, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I am Naman and after completing my 12th with a good percentage I want to go for NDA examination. So kindly provide me with the details about passing marks required to qualify this examination.
21st March 2015, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Hello user,

Before providing you with the needful I would like to tell you that that NDA exam is one of the highly competitive examinations in the country. Every year thousands of students appear for the NDA exam to become a commissioned officer in the Indian defense forces.

In response to your question I would like to tell you that there is no such passing marks criteria for qualify NDA examination as the selection process mainly depends on SSB and INTERVIEW. The written exam is mainly to check your knowledge.

So I would suggest you to focus mainly on these things.

Here for your knowledge I am mentioning the various details related to NDA examination. Hope you will be benefited by this;

A.The Educational Qualifications are enlisted as follow:

1.I would like to tell you that for Indian Army wing of National Defence Academy you must have passed or appearing class 12th from a recognized board or university.

2.For Air force and Navy wings of National Defence Academy must must have passed or appearing class 12th with physics and Mathematics from a recognized board or university.

2. The various criteria’s of Physical Standards are as:

I must tell you that for joining NDA you should be physically fit, and must fulfill the physical standards norms set up by National Defence Academy and National Naval Academy.

3. The selection Process in NDA is as follow:

The selection process comprises of two phases:

1 Written Test

2 SSB Interview

The written test is the first phase of the NDA exam, comprising of multiple choice questions from Mathematics, General knowledge and current affairs, English, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.

If you qualify the written examination then you are called for the SSB interview which is the 5 day process and the peoples are eliminated every round of SSB.

After successfully qualifying the SSB the final merit list is prepared and you are as per your preferences.

Hope that much of relevant information will be good enough for you..

Wish you all the success.. thank you.. visit again

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in