2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

18th December 2015, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Owner of UCIL

I am MBA final year student and got an assignment to make project report on Union Carbide India Limited's (UCIL). Will you tell me who the owner of UCIL and also tell me brief about UCIL corporation also provide me other details related to this?
Similar Threads
Thread
UCIL Delhi
UCIL Synchem Pvt Ltd
UCIL Vacancies
UCIL in Jharkhand
UCIL Nepal
Ucil mt
UCIL Colony
UCIL Limited
UCIL Company
UCIL Job Vacancy
UCIL Location
Apprentice In UCIL
UCIL in Pulivendula
UCIL Gov in Recruitment
Uchicago UCIL
Career in UCIL
UCIL Branches
UCIL Co In
UCIL Narwapahar
UCIL India
18th December 2015, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Owner of UCIL

Union Carbide India Limited's (UCIL) Bhopal plant was a vast chemical complex containing miles of complicated piping and hundreds of specialized reactors, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other equipment.

UCIL, an Indian company, managed and operated the Bhopal plant at the time of the gas leak.

It was owned and operated by Indian government.

UCIL Short Introduction:

The plant had been constructed and managed by Indians in India.
No Americans were employed at the plant at the time of the accident. From 1980-84, more than 1,000 Indians were employed at the plant -- but only one American was employed there and he left in 1982.
No Americans visited the plant for more than one year prior to the incident. And,
During the 5-year period before, communications between the plant and the U.S. were almost non-existent.

At the time of the gas release, the plant site contained about 55 acres, and an additional, non-contiguous 35-acre site, also leased from MPSG, was utilized for solar evaporation ponds (SEPs).

On July 7, 1998, the MPSG terminated the leases of the plant site and SEPs

Design and Construction of the Plant:

The design, engineering and construction of the Bhopal plant was a UCIL project from beginning to end and took eight years to complete (1972-1980).

The project involved hundreds of Indian engineers and designers from UCIL and major Indian engineering firms, dozens of Indian subcontractors and thousands of Indian construction workers.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in