2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th May 2018, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Re: Osmania University GATE Admissions

Can you tell me if I have to clear Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) to get admission in M Tech Part Time Program offered by Osmania University?
11th May 2018, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

No, there is no need to clear Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) to get admission in M Tech Part Time Program offered by Osmania University. One needs to clear its own Entrance Exam.

University College of Engineering, Osmania University offers admission to the Part Time Post Graduates (M.E / M.Tech PTPG) courses (Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering).

Eligibility Criteria
For M.E./M.Tech (Part-Time) programmes 6 Semester (3 years) in CE, CSE, ECE, EE and ME

Educational Qualifications
B.E/B. Tech of any recognized University in the concerned discipline, or its equivalent.
AMIE/AMIETE or similar qualifications recognized as equivalent to B.E/B. Tech.
For M. Tech with specialization in (Computer Science & Engineering) B.E./ B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engg./Tech. (or) Equivalent Master Degree, in Physics, Statistics, Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Applied Physics, Geophysics, M.Sc. (Comp. Sc.), M.Sc. (Information Systems), (Computer Applications and Electronics) and MCA (or) Equivalent.

Minimum of one years experience reckoned from the date of qualifying degree

Admission Process
Admission is based on the performance at the entrance test. One who secures a minimum of 36% marks in the Entrance Test under General and Backward Class category and 15% marks under the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Category is considered for admission.
In case of a tie at the entrance test, date of birth is considered and the older candidate will be considered for admission first.

Important Dates 2018 (Tentative)

Application Form April 2018
Last date of submission May 2018
Last date of submission with late fee Rs.500/-
Cash respectively (in person only) May 2018
Display of Provisional List of Eligible
candidates for Entrance Test Jun 2018
Issue of Hall Tickets in respective Dept & 30 Jun 2018
Date of Entrance Test Jul 2018
Declaration of Results July 2018
Counselling date for I phase Jul 2018
Counselling date for II phase Jul 2018
28th May 2018, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I have passed the GATE exam and now want to do M.Tech course from the Osmania University so please tell me when mtech counselling starts through gate score

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in