2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd September 2012, 11:04 AM
ram gopal

OPT After MBA

Here I am looking for OPT after MBA; want to know that what is OPT is in actually. So if you have some detailed information please provide me here? I am waiting.
24th September 2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Re: OPT After MBA

After MBA this is very Important Training for candidate.
here I am telling you some thing about this Training.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is temporary employment that is directly related to an F-1 student’s major area of study.
Under the prior rules,
An F-1 student could be authorized to receive up to a total of 12 months of practical training either before (pre-) and/or after (post-) completion of studies.

Pre-completion OPT: -

An F-1 student may be authorized to participate in pre-completion OPT after candidate has been enrolled for one full academic year.
The pre-completion OPT must be directly related to the student’s major area of study.

Post-completion OPT: -

An F-1 student may be authorized to participate in post-completion OPT upon completion of studies.
The post-completion OPT must be directly related to the student’s major area of study too.
10th November 2015, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to do Optional Practical Training (OPT) after completion of MBA so please provide me information about this training.
10th November 2015, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is periods during which undergraduate and graduate students with F-1 status that have completed or has been pursuing their degrees for more than nine months.

Post-completion OPT:

This is a type of OPT for people who have completed their degree requirements, and requires working at least 20 hours/week to count as OPT employment.

Ph.D. candidates can apply for post-completion OPT if they are ABD (all but dissertation) and are not simultaneously enrolled as students.

Application process

First, the international office at the secondary institution (college or university) at which the student is enrolled must recommend the student for OPT with a specified start and end date (with the total time duration requested for OPT being at most one year).

After receiving an updated I-20, the student submits Form I-765, along with some paraphernalia (photos and a fee) to a designated USCIS office address.

If the student's OPT application is approved, the USCIS sends an Employment Authorization Document

Activities permitted under OPT

Requirement of relation to program of study:

Time required in order to not count toward the unemployment period:

Self-employment or business creation:

Changing jobs:

Holding multiple jobs simultaneously:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in