2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2015, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

OPH Means in JIPMER

I want to apply for admission in MBBS Course at Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) and I have brochure, in brochure I do not understand the word OPH so please tell me that what is the meaning of OPH in JIMPER?
Similar Threads
Thread
What RTU Means
MBA FT Means +
HSC And SSC Means
IIT JEE Means
RGUKT Means
CRPF Means
What is means by MBA
MBA TM Means
MBA Means What
MBA Means
CPO SI Means
What is means by MBA
What Means MBA
What ISAT Means
VITEEE Means
GPAT Means
SSC Means
SSC CGL means
NMIMS Means
SSC means 10 12
31st March 2016, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Re: OPH Means in JIPMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to apply for admission in MBBS Course at Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) and I have brochure, in brochure I do not understand the word OPH so please tell me that what is the meaning of OPH in JIMPER?
OPH – Orthopedic Physically Challenged

manikandan
27th March 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

OPH means in JIPMER APPLICATION is ORTHOPAEDIC PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED
25th September 2019, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy I want to know what is meaning of OPH in Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) application form , will you plz let me know about the same ??
25th September 2019, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is a medical school located at Pondicherry, the capital of the Union Territory of Puducherry, in India.

As you asking I am telling OPH means Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH) OPH Students are actually students with Locomot or Disability means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any for form of cerebral palsy.

College profile

Type Institute of National Importance

Established 1 January 1823; 196 years ago

President Dr.V.M.Katoch

Director Dr. Rakesh Aggarwal

Undergraduates 150 per year

Postgraduates 200 per year

Doctoral students

36 per year

Location Pondicherry, Puducherry, India

Campus Urban, 195 acres (0.79 km2)
30th November 2019, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me what does OPH means from admission point of view in MBBS Program in Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)?
30th November 2019, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is a national level entrance exam through which candidates can get admission in the JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. This exam is conducted for admission to the MBBS programme.

Full for of OPH is Orthopedic Physically Handicapped and it is in reference with the category of students for admission in MBBS Program in the Institute.

General Eligibilities:

Nationality:
One should be an Indian National.

Overseas Citizen of India (OCI):
OCI registered candidates are also eligible to appear in the test.
One has to submit the proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 on the day of counseling.
One will be considered as unreserved category candidates.

Foreign Nationals:
Foreign national candidates have to take permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for courses in the Institution.
It is also necessary to submit the advance copy of application and request to MCI at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.

Age Limit:
One should complete the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
There is no relaxation in age limit for reserved category candidates.
There is no upper age limit.

Qualification Criteria
Qualifying Exam: One should pass the 12th/Higher Secondary/Indian School Certificate or equivalent exam from any recognized board/university.

Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology are the main subjects to having in the qualifying exam. However, it is also necessary to have English subjects with one elective subject.

Minimum Marks: One must score the minimum of 60% marks (for GEN), 50% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 50% marks (GEN-OPH) in PCB stream.

Eligibility Certificate: One who has passed the qualifying exam other than the above mentioned subjects have to produce the eligibility certificate. Eligibility certificate must be issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi for OCI/NRI candidates.

Appeared Candidates: One who has appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying exam in March / April and whose result has not yet been declared can also apply for admission

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in