2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd February 2016, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Operating System Notes Bangalore University

As you want I am here giving you notes / syllabus for Operating System subject of BCA 3rd semester course of Bangalore University.

BCA 3rd Semester Course Syllabus :

Operating Systems

Unit - I
Introduction: Batch Systems, Concepts of Multiprogramming and Time Sharing, Parallel, Distributed and real time Systems, Operating System Structures, Components & Services, System calls, System programs, Virtual machines. Process Management: Process Concept, Process Scheduling, Co – Operating process, Threads, Inter process communication, CPU Scheduling Criteria, Scheduling algorithm, Multiple Processor Scheduling, Real time Scheduling, Algorithm evolution.

Unit - II
Process Synchronization and deadlocks: The Critical Section Problem, Synchronization hardware, Semaphores, Classical problems of synchronization, Critical regions, monitors, Dead locks – system model, Characterization, Dead lock prevention, avoidance and detection, Recovery from dead lock, Combined approach to deadlock handling.

Unit - III
Memory Management: Logical and Physical address space, Swapping, Contiguous allocation, Paging, Segmentation, Segmentation with paging in Mastics and Intel 386, Virtual memory-Demand paging and it’s performance, Page replacement algorithms, Allocation of frames, thrashing, page size and other considerations. Demand Segmentation.

Unit - IV

File management (Systems, Secondary Storage Structure): File Concepts, Access methods, Directory Structure, Protection and consistency, File system structure, Allocation methods, Free space management, Directory Implementation, Efficiency and Performance, Recovery. Disk Management (Structure, Disk Scheduling Methods): Disk Structure & Scheduling methods, Disk management, Swap – Space management.

Unit - V
Protection and Security: Goals of protection, Domain Protection, Access matrix, Security Problem, Authentication, One time password, program threats, System threads. Case Study of Windows and Linux Operating System

Here is the attachment.

BCA course syllabus :Bangalore University

Address:
Bangalore University
Jnanbharathi Campus
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560056
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BCA course syllabus Bangalore University.pdf (642.2 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by sumit; 11th December 2019 at 04:02 PM.
13th September 2017, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will you please give here notes / syllabus for Operating System subject of BCA 3rd semester course of Bangalore University ?

hello sir i need the notes becouse of some issues m not able to atend the classes so plz sand me the notes my emil is shukla.shuklaravi@gmail.com its urgent sir

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in