2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd March 2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Oglethorpe MBA

Can you provide me the details of the MBA (Master in Business Administration) course offered by Oglethorpe University as me and my friends want to take admission in the course?
3rd March 2016, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Oglethorpe MBA

Oglethorpe University is a private, liberal arts college in Brookhaven, an inner suburb of Atlanta, in the U.S. state of Georgia and was established in 1834. In December 2009, The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) fully reaffirmed the University's accreditation.

As per my knowledge, Oglethorpe University does not offer MBA (Master in Business Administration) course. The courses that it offer in Management are:

B.S. in Business Administration
B.B.A in Business Administration
Minor in Business Administration (TU)
Minor in Business Administration (ADP)

B.S. in Business Administration
1. It has a mathematics proficiency requirement which can be fulfilled in either of two ways:
• By achieving a score of 4 or 5 on the Advanced Placement Calculus AB or Calculus BC examination.
• By earning a grade of “C-“or better in MAT 121 Applied Calculus or MAT 131 Calculus I. Students satisfying the mathematics proficiency requirement need to take the mathematics placement examination.

2. Completion of all the following courses:
• ACC 230 Financial Accounting
• ACC 231 Managerial Accounting
• BUS 240 Business Law
• BUS 260 Principles of Management
• BUS 310 Corporate Finance
• BUS 350 Marketing
• BUS 469 Strategic Management
• CSC 101 Spreadsheets and Databases
• ECO 120 Principles of Microeconomics
• ECO 122 Principles of Macroeconomics
• MAT 111 Statistics

3. Completion of four additional upper level, non-internship Business Administration electives. At most, one of these courses can be replaced by:

• BUS 495 Internship in Business Administration (4 semester hours); or an upper level Accounting elective; or an upper level Economics elective.

• These four electives may be taken in different areas or focused in the areas of finance, management or marketing.

4. Additional requirements and things to note:
• A grade of “C-” or better is required in all courses contributing to the major.
• No upper level courses taken in completion of the major can be used towards any other major or minor offered within the division of economics and business administration.
• A cumulative maximum of ten semesters hours of courses required for the major is taken under the provisions of the transient student policy.

B.B.A. in Business Administration
The requirements are identical to those for the B.S. in Business Administration.

Minor in Business Administration (TU)

1. Completion of one of the following courses:
• ECO 120 Principles of Microeconomics
• ECO 122 Principles of Macroeconomics
2. Completion of all of the following courses:
• ACC 230 Financial Accounting
• BUS 260 Principles of Management
• BUS 350 Marketing
3. Completion of one additional upper level Business Administration course.
4. Additional requirements and things to note:
• A grade of “C-” or better is required in all courses contributing to the minor.
• No upper level courses within taken in completion of the minor can be used towards any other major or minor offered within the division of economics and business administration.

Minor in Business Administration (ADP)

The requirements are identical to those for the Minor in Business Administration (TU)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in