2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Objectives Of Mumbai University

I am planning to join the Mumbai University for doing PG degree and before taking admission I want to know about this University. Can you please tell me the Aims and Objectives of Mumbai University? Also provide me the information Boucher of this University?
Similar Threads
Thread
Anna University Objectives
NDA Objectives
Objectives of CRPF
Objectives of IGNOU
Objectives Of Science And Technology Department University Of Batangas
Objectives Of Rivers State University Of Science And Technology
NATA Objectives
Objectives of TOEFL
IRDA Objectives
ISRO Objectives
BPCL Objectives
University Of The Pacific Learning Objectives
Objectives of DMRC
Objectives Of HPTDC
Objectives of yes bank
UWB IAS Learning Objectives
Objectives Of HUDCO
Objectives of Punjab University
Objectives of LPU Library
RTU Objectives
3rd November 2015, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Re: Objectives Of Mumbai University

Hello sir I want to know about the Objectives Of Mumbai University so please provide me the information about this.
3rd November 2015, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Objectives Of Mumbai University

University of Mumbai is one of the oldest and premier Universities in India. It was established on 18th July, 1857, it is one amongst the first three universities in India.

The main objectives of the institute are:

To provide facilities of higher education to the working population, women and adults, who wish to Upgrade their education or acquire knowledge in various disciplines.

To provide education for poor and such other people who cannot attend regular face to face Classroom teaching.

To help the students to upgrade educational qualification for academic achievements in the process of lifelong education

Special Features of university

The institute is presently located in its own building of about 77,000 square feet area with Wi-fi connectivity.

Curricular contents, mode of examination and the degrees to be awarded are the same as applicable to the students of the colleges affiliated to the University of Mumbai.

The learning process of the institute is mainly through the medium of printed study materials.

The audio-visual and electronic aids are being added in some subjects as a reference resource.

The institute is also developing the Virtual Learning Class-rooms (VLC) for the students as an additional facility.

The institute has an independent library and two reading rooms for the students. Forty-one thousand books are available with a good number of journals of national and international repute.

Guidance lectures (Personal Contact Programmes) are conducted every year at about 76 centres in Mumbai and around.

Counseling to the students during office hours at headquarters is given by the core faculty.

Contact info

University of Mumbai
M.G. Road
Fort
Mumbai-400 032

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in