2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

17th April 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Numerical Method in Engineering PTU

I want to get ME-309 Numerical Method in Engineering notes of Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar so is there any specific book for this subject or not if yes then please provide me that book or if any one has old notes of that subject then please provide me that too ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Numerical Aptitude for CRPF
Numerical Methods IITK
Numerical Ability For AFCAT
Numerical Methods Syllabus MDU
Newton Raphson Method IITM
Numerical Aptitude for SSC Exam
Numerical Aptitude for SSC
Method Of IAS Exam
SSC CGL Numerical Ability
Numerical physics for IIT-JEE
EPA MBAs Method
Banking services chronicle subscribe method
IBPS Numerical Ability
LIC AAO Exam Numerical Ability
Numerical Methods BPUT Questions
Runge Kutta method IITM
AFMC MBBS 2014 Method of Selection
Method To Solve Non Verbal Resoning Questions
Competitive Quantitative Aptitude Questions solve method
Tricks to solve Numerical Ability
22nd July 2018, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Re: Numerical Method in Engineering PTU

Can you provide me the Syllabus of - 6th Semester - BTME-604 Statistical and Numerical Methods under B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering [M.E.] offered by Punjab Technical University Kapurthala?
22nd July 2018, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Numerical Method in Engineering PTU

The Syllabus of - 6th Semester - BTME-604 Statistical and Numerical Methods under B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering [M.E.] offered by Punjab Technical University Kapurthala is as follows:

6th Semester

BTME-604 STATISTICAL AND NUMERICAL METHODS

Internal Marks: 40 External Marks: 60 Total Marks: 100
1. Data, its Arrangements and Measures:
Introduction: Data, Data Array; Frequency Distribution Construction and Graphic representation. Mean, median, mode and standard deviation.
2. Probability and Probability Distributions:
Introduction: Definition probability and Probability Distribution; Conditional probability; Random variables, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distributions.
3. Sampling and Sampling Distributions:
Introduction: Fundamentals of Sampling, Large samples, small samples; Normal sampling distributions; Sampling distribution of the means, t-Distribution, F-Distribution, Chi-square Distribution.
4. Errors in Numerical Calculations:
Errors and their analysis, general error formula, errors in a series approximation
5. Solution of Algebraic and Transcendental Equations:
Bisection method, iteration method, Method of false position,, Newton -Raphson method, solution of systems of non linear equations.
6. Interpolation Method:
Finite difference, forward, backward and central difference, Difference of polynomial, Newtons formulae for interpolation, central difference interpolation formulae, Interpolation with unevenly spaced points, Newton's general interpolation formula, interpolation by iteration.
7. Numerical Differentiation and Integration:
Numerical differentiation, maximum and minimum values of a tabulated function; Numerical Integration trapezoidal rule, Simpson1/3 rule, Simpsons 3/8 rule, Newton-cots integration formulae; Euler-Meclaurin formula, Gaussian integration(One dimensional only)
8. Solution of Linear Systems of Equations:
Gauss Elimination method (fall and banded symmetric and unsymmetric systems), Gauss Jordon method Eigen value problems (Power method only)
9. Numerical solution of ordinary and partial differential equations:
Solution by Taylor's series, Prediction -correction method, Boundary value problems, Prediction corrector method, Euler's and modified Euler's method, Runge-Kutta method, finite difference methods. Finite difference approximation to derivatives, Solution to Laplaces equation- Jacobi's method, Gauss Siedel method.
Note: The students are required to develop computer programs (using any high level language) for different Numerical Methods as part of assignment work.

Books:
1. S. S. Sastry, Introductory methods of numerical analysis by: Prentice Hall of India
2. V. RajaRaman, Computer Oriented Numerical Methods3.
S.D. Conte, Cari De Boor, Elementary Numerical Analysis, Mc Graw Hill
4. B. Cornahn, Applied Numerical Methods, John Wiley.
5. Richard I. Levin, S. David., Rubin Statistics for Management, Pearson.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in