2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th September 2014, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NTSE Class 10th Syllabus

National Talent Search Examination is one of the most prestigious exams in India . It is a national-level scholarship program in India to recognize applicants with high intellect and academic talent.

Only applicants studying in Class X are eligible to appear for the selection process

Syllabus
First level exam for class X

SAT: The syllabus for Mathematics, Science and Social Science will be broadly based on the prescribed respective State Board Syllabus from Std 9th - 10th class.

Few states like Kerala refer both state board and NCERT books while few states like Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh ask questions primarily from their state board books.

MAT: General questions Language: state board books covers a lot. More focus is on vocabulary, grammar and basic understanding.

There would be negative marking in NTSE second stage.

Second level exam for class X

NCERT has announced new pattern for stage 2 exam

Mental Ability test: 50 questions 50 marks, Language test : 40 questions 40 marks, Scholastic Aptitude test : 100 questions 100 marks ( 40 q from Science, 20 q from maths, 40 q from SST),

SAT: The mathematics and science questions will be asked from the chapters in the syllabus of class 10th.The social science questions will be asked from class 10th.
2nd March 2015, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

I want to crack National Talent Search Examination . Will you please provide the National Talent Search Examination Class 10th exam pattern for an idea ?
2nd March 2015, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

The National Talent Search Examination is a national level exam cum scholarship program hold by National Council of Educational Research and Training to recognize and nurture talented students across India.

Exam Pattern –

The Stage-I of the test is divided into two parts- Part I and Part II.

The part I of the test is Mental Ability test (MAT).

The second part of this test is Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), in which students have to attempt 50 questions related to Language.

The Stage-II of the test is divided into two parts- Part I and Part II.

Part-I is same as the MAT of Stage-I

Part-II of SAT consists of 100 questions related to Maths, Science and Social studies.

The SAT section is designed to judge reading abilities, interpretation, evaluation and general awareness about the subjects.

NTSE Class 10 Exam Preparation Books

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in