2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th October 2014, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NSG Commando eligibility criteria

Here you are looking for eligibility criterion for NSG Commando so as you want here I am providing you.

NSG: National Security Guard

It is "an armed force of the Union" Raised "for combating terrorist tricks with a view to protect States against internal disturbances".

In the national Security again there are two sub divisions

1) SAG – Special Action Group
2) SRG – Special Rangers Group

Eligibility criteria for the NDA exam are:

Candidate must have passed 12th standard.

Candidate age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years only.

Candidate must be Indian.

Candidate must be Male and must be unmarried.

Training Duration: 14months

Then candidates who want to full fill below requirements

Candidate must have experienced in the CIF (Central Industrial Forces)
Border security forces
Indian Tibetan Border Forces
Central Reserve Police Force

You will be known such posts or Ranks in NSG According to your Eligibility:

Junior Commissioned Officers
Assistant Commissioned Officers
Team Leaders

Questions will be asked from following Topics:

General Knowledge
Current Affairs
General Awareness
27th July 2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

i'm 21 year old & complite in graduate,
can i join nsg commando plz tell me
Email - rohit.rishi07@gmail.com
2nd December 2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the forms in which the recruitment for NSGs (National Security Guards) Commandos is done in India as even I wants to apply for it?
2nd December 2019, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

National Security Guard (NSG) was set up in 1984 as a Federal Contingency Deployment Force to tackle all facets of terrorism in India.

The NSG operates under the oversight of the Ministry of Home Affairs and is headed by the Director General of the Indian Police Service (IPS). NSG members/ commandos are popularly known as Black Cats because of the black drill cotton coveralls and balaclavas or helmets they wear.

The recruitment for NSGs is done in two forms. The first form is from Indian army and second form is from armed police forces of India.

Special Action Group-

The group of NSGs is formed from army. It composes of more than half of the total force. So, one who want to induct in NSG will get golden chance after induction in Indian army.

The recruitment is done over various posts. Form rangers to assistant commandant’s posts, the recruitment are done as per eligibility.

So, one can either opt for upper post for that one can choose CDS, NDA and other option to get into army as commissioned officer or by direct recruitment through rallies. After getting into army, way for NSG will also open to the soldiers.

Special Ranger Group –

While special ranger group is the police segment of NSG has personals from CAPF (Central Armed Police Force), ITBP (Indo Tibetan Border Police) and Rapid Action Force.

It delivers the task of security to VIP people. The primary task of SRG is supportive to the SAG. The soldiers are sent back to their parent organisation after 3-5 years in order to maintain young profile of the force.

One who wants to get into the organisation through this stream can apply for CAPF (AC) examination conducted by UPSC, CPO exam by SSC or by direct recruitment rallies in CAPF forces. The induction into these force will further opens the door to NSG.

After induction into Indian armed forces, ways to the induction into Paramilitary forces, GARUD, MARCOS and other special forces. One interested in Special Forces have to firstly get into armed forces and then into these Special Forces.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in