2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th February 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Re: NIT Warangal or BITS Goa

Hello sir, I am Sunny and I am confused between NIT Warangal and BITS Goa. Can you help me by providing me some information regarding the differences so that I can able to make a choice between these 2 colleges?
24th February 2016, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NIT Warangal or BITS Goa

As you have to make a choice between NIT Warangal and BITS Goa, I am giving you some differences which will help you in making your decision

BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) is a private institute and a deemed university having four established centres at Pilani, Hyderabad, Goa and Dubai. Admissions are merit-based, as assessed by BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) examination.

NITs (National Institute of Technology) are government run institutes where admissions are through by JEE Main examination. Comprising 30 autonomous institutes, they are situated in one each major state/territory of India.

WHY CHOOSE BITS OVER NIT:-

The class of students is better in BITS because the admissions are purely merit based, there are no reservations whatsoever.
However, reservation is quite prevalent in NITs. There is state quota where students from state board get more preference in that state’s NIT over those from central boards. A number of seats are reserved for students of OBC or SC/ST quota which reduces the overall quality of crowd in NITs.
BITS provide you with liberal and free college life with no compulsory attendance which gives you time to invest in all fields of your interests.
It has better educational system and academic flexibilities. You have the option of dual degree here where you can pursue both science and engineering together.
BITS has better international reputation which helps it to fetch some highest package offer.
BITS has also produced some finest entrepreneurs in India.

WHY CHOOSE NIT OVER BITS:-

If you talk about value of money, NITs totally outstrips BITS, any day. BITS is private college while NITs are government run colleges. While you spend tens of lakhs for your learning in BITS, you can do the same with less than half that cost, with almost equal output, in NITs.
Programme for engineering is wider in NITs which in turn makes you better applicant for core technical jobs.
Better overall placement scenario is observed in NITs. Grading system is also better in NITs as compared to BITS. With equal efforts put in, you’ll fetch a better CGPA in NITs as compared to that in BITS.
NITs have better and wider alumni base compared to BITS. Alumni indeed play an important role in ranking and development of their college.

Tags
bits pilani

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in