2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Jobs (https://management.ind.in/forum/jobs/)
-   -   NIT Calicut History (https://management.ind.in/forum/nit-calicut-history-120868.html)

Unregistered 17th April 2015 03:17 PM

NIT Calicut History

My younger brother is in Class 9th and has got a topic on NIT Calicut for his presentation on 26th Jan function. So he wants to get some information about history. When the NIT Calicut was established? Is there any website where I will get detailed history of the NIT College for presentation? Who is vice chancellor? Give me detail of him also?

Unregistered 19th July 2018 10:24 AM

Re: NIT Calicut History

Can you tell me in detail about the National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC)? Also tell me about the Academic Departments of National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC)?

pooja 19th July 2018 10:24 AM

Re: NIT Calicut History

National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is an autonomous, federally funded technical university and an institute of national importance governed by the NIT Act passed by the Parliament of India.

It was established in 1961 and was known as Calicut Regional Engineering College (CREC) until 2002. It is one of the National Institutes of Technology campuses established by the Government of India for imparting high standard technical education to students from all over India.

Its mission is to develop high quality technical education and personnel with a sound footing on basic engineering principles, technical and managerial skills, original research capabilities, and model professional conduct to lead and to use technology for the progress of mankind, adapting themselves to changing technological environment with the highest ethical values as the inner strength.

Ranking

NIT Calicut was ranked 50 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018. It was ranked 20th among engineering colleges in India in 2017 by The Week.

Academic Departments
The institute includes 11 academic departments, eight centres departments, 8 centres and three schools. The departments include Architecture and Planning, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Physical Education as well as five engineering determinants for Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.

The 8 centres are the Campus Networking Centre (CNC), Centre for Biomechanics, Advanced Manufacturing Centre, Central Computer Centre, Centre for Value Education, Sophisticated Instruments Centre, and Centre for Transportation Research and Centre for Scanning Microscopy.

The 3 additional schools are the School of Biotechnology, School of Management Studies and School of Nanoscience & Technology.

Contact Detail:
National Institute of Technology, Calicut
NIT Campus P.O, Calicut Mukkam Road,
Kattangal, Kozhikode, Kerala 673601
0495 228 6106