2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

NIMCET Test Pattern

I am going to apply for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) but before I want to know about its Test Pattern . Would you please provide me some sample papers of NIMCET so I will get idea about it and check its marking scheme ? Can you provide me a chart which shows its marking scheme ??
Similar Threads
Thread
JEE Advanced Test Pattern
JIPMER Test Pattern
NLU Test Pattern
Written Test Pattern for ISRO
GRE Test Pattern 2015
IPU CET test pattern
VITEEE Test Pattern
SNAP Test Pattern
Exam pattern of online test of Common Proficiency Test
NIMCET Exam Pattern
JMET Test Pattern
Pattern Of Snap Test
National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) previous year pape
TCS Selection Procedure and Test Pattern
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Pattern
TCS Aptitude Test Pattern
TCS written test pattern
ICET test pattern
ECIL test pattern for get
Nimcet Test Date
10th July 2018, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Re: NIMCET Test Pattern

I completed BCA degree and want to do MCA degree and for this I know I have to appear in National Institute of Technology NIMCET Exam. Will you provide me NIMCET Test Pattern so I get to know subjects to study for exam also provide all important dates related to this exam?
10th July 2018, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

NIMCET 2019 will be organized by the National Institute of Technology on a rotation basis. It is a national level entrance exam. This exam is conducted to offer admission into MCA course.

On the basis of rank obtained in NIMCET exam, the admission will be offered at NITs

NIMCET Test Pattern

Candidates can get the complete NIMCET exam pattern 2019:

Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode (OMR).
Duration: The exam will be of about 2 hours.

Number of Questions: Total of 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.

Language: The language of the paper will be English.

Answer Mode: Candidates should bring own black or blue ink ball point pen for filling bubbles and particulars on the OMR Sheet.

Marking Scheme: Each correctly answered question will carry 4 marks.

Negative Marking: Each wrongly answered question will lead to -1 mark.

Subjects Maximum Questions

Mathematics 50
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning 40
Computer Awareness 10
General English 20
Total 120

Important dates:

Releasing of notification 1st week of March 2019
Starting of online application 1st week of March 2019
Last date of online application Last week of March 2019
Last date to download the filled application 3rd week of April 2019
Admit Card Release 2nd week of May 2019
Examination Date 4th week of May 2019
Declaration of result 1st week of June 2019
Starting of counselling 2nd week of June 2019
11th July 2018, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the paper pattern for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) for admission in MCA Program in National Institute of Technology (NITs)?
11th July 2018, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

The paper pattern for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) for admission in MCA Program in National Institute of Technology (NITs) is as follows:

NIMCET Exam Pattern
NIMCET test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple-choice questions covering the following subjects.
Mathematics 50 questions
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning 40 questions
Computer Awareness 10 questions
General English 20 questions
Multiple Choice Questions will be written in English Language only and will not be translated into any other language
The duration of NIMCET exam is 2 hours and Question Paper will consist of 120 multiple-choice questions with four choices for each question
Each correctly answered question will carry four marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to Negative one mark
All rough work is to be done in the Test Booklet only. The candidate should not do any rough work or put any stray marks on the OMR Sheet

NIMCET Exam Syllabus

MATHEMATICS: (50 questions)

Set Theory: Concept of sets Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas
Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.

ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING: (40 questions)
The questions in this section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions)
Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and twos complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.

GENERAL ENGLISH: (20 questions)
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics: Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in