2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th June 2015, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Nift test

I am going to fight the National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance exam . Will you please provide the National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance exam question paper so that I can get idea that what types of questions are asks in the exam?
Similar Threads
Thread
NIFT Written Test Result
NIFT situation test preparation DVD
NIFT creative ability test solved
NIFT Entrance Test Date
NIFT Creative Ability Test
All About NIFT Situation Test
General ability test GAT NIFT
NIFT Written Test Results
What is Situation Test in NIFT
Mock Test Papers NIFT MFM
NIFT Situation Test
NIFT Situation Test Ideas
NIFT NID/IIFT admission test
NIFT Call Letter for Situation Test
NIFT Written Test
Preparation for NIFT Situation Test
NIFT Creative Test
NIFT Situation Test Help
B.Des NIFT situation test dates?
NIFT Result Situation Test
15th June 2015, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Nift test

Here I am providing the list of few questions of National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance exam question paper which you are looking for .

Question 1

Directions (Qs. Nos. 1-25): Study the following questions carefully to answer these questions. Which silhouette out of all the listed below is not suitable for a Women Tennis Player? A Pleated short skirt
B A long straight skirt with a slit
C A divided skirt
D A flared short skirt
Question 2

For a saree drape, which one of these is not an ideal fabric? A Crepe
B Denim
C Silk
D Chiffon
Question 3

D & G is known as: A Dolls & Girls
B Dolls & Guys
C Dolce & Gabbana
D Denims & Guys
Question 4

Which one of these famous Indian women is a well known fashion designer? A Ayesha Dharker
B Puja Nayyar
C Shreya Ghosal
D Sharon Lowen
Question 5

Which one of the listed terms is not a stain removing technique for fabrics? A Sponging
B Tanning
C Flushing
D Tamping
Question 6

Detrait is famous for which one of the following Industries? A Textile
B Food Processing
C Automobiles
D Locomotives
Question 7

FDCI was formed in the year: A 1998
B 2000
C 2004
D 1968
Question 8

What is the mandatory requirement for starting Import-Export business? A To have Import-Export classification number
B To have Import-Export code number
C To have Import-Export identity number
D To have Import-Export category number
Question 9

The term “FOB” means: A Free on bulk
B Full ocean bill
C Freight on board
D Free on board
Question 10

Give full form of ‘APEDA’: A Agriculture Proceeds Export Development Authority
B Apparel Products Export Development Authority
C American Processed Foods Export Development Authority
D Agriculture & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
Question 11

Trade in which merchandise is exchanged directly with other merchandise without use of money is: A free exchange
B goods against goods
C direct deal
D barter
Question 12

Which ministry negotiates on behalf of India in WTO discussions? A Commerce & Industry
B External Affairs
C Overseas Indian Affairs
D Finance
Question 13

Which of these countries did not host GATT/WTO meeting? A Mexico
B Uruguay
C New Delhi
D Dubai
Question 14

Wood is the main raw material for the manufacture of: A Paint
B Paper
C Ink
D Gun powder
Question 15

Emerald is _________ in color. A violet
B yellow
C deep green
D Prussian Blue
Question 16

The ratio of Pure gold in 18 carat gold? A 60%
B 75%
C 80%
D 100%
Question 17

Which of the following fibres is least prone to fire? A Royan
B Nylon
C Cotton
D Trycott
Question 18

Which among the following is animal fibre? A Cotton
B Royan
C Nylon
D Wool
Question 19

Monetary Policy is regulated by? A Money leader
B Central Bank
C Govt. Policy
D Private enterpenic
Question 20

Which one of these is not an Element of Design? A Color
B Line
C Bias
D Shape
Question 21

MRP means: A Maximum Retal Price
B Minimum Retal Price
C Maximum Revenue Per Price
D Marginal Revenue Price
Question 22

Textile industry in India employs around – people. A 36 Million
B 50 Million
C 20 Million
D 10 Million
Question 23

IPO is an acronym for: A Immediate Public Offer
B Instant Payment Order
C Initial Public Offering
D Immediate Pay Order
Question 24

ATC stands for: A Arrangement between Textile Companies.
B Agreement on Textile and Clothing.
C Agreement on Trade and Cooperation.
D Arrangement for Trade and Compensation.
Question 25

Trade in textiles and clothing came fully under WTO from: A January 2004
B December 2005
C January 2005
D July 2004
Question 26

Directions (Q. Nos. 26-29): In making decisions about important questions, it is desirable to be able to distinguish between ‘strong’ arguments and ‘weak’ arguments. ‘Strong’ arguments are those which are both important and directly related to the question. ‘Weak’ arguments are those which are of minor importance and also may not be directly related to the question or may be related to a trivial aspect of the question. Each question below is followed by three arguments numbered I, II and III. Decide which of the arguments is a ‘strong’ argument and which is a ‘weak’ argument.Question Statement: Should the Govt. supply free text books upto Std. X to all the students in the Govt. run schools in India? Arguments: I. No, many student of these schools come from rich families and they should not be given free books. II. Yes, this will considerably reduce the percentage of school dropouts as many parents cannot afford the burden of buying books. III. No, the prices of books prescribed upto Std. X are otherwise very low and there is no need to distribute books free of cost to the students. A Only I and II are strong.
B Only II and III are strong.
C Only I and III are strong.
D All of the above
Question 27

Statement: Should the Govt. privatize all the coal mines in the country? Arguments: I. Yes, this will result in optimum mining as the private companies are in a position to bring in experts from other countries to maximize the output. II. No, the coal mines are our country’s wealth and we should not allow them to go to the private hands. III. Yes, the coal mines in India are in very bad shape and the Govt. is unable to manage them efficiently. A Only II and III are strong.
B Only I and II are strong.
C Only II and III are strong.
D All of the above
Question 28

Statement: Should all the Engineering Graduates passing out of Govt. colleges be compulsorily made to work in Government organizations/public sector undertakings? Arguments: I. Yes, these student have used huge resources of the Govt. and they should pay back by serving in Govt./public sector undertakings. II. Yes, otherwise these students will join the multinational companies and earn huge sums of money leading to loss of Govt. resources. III. No, each individual has a right to choose his/her job and serving in Govt./public sector undertaking should not be made mandatory. A None is strong.
B Only III is strong.
C Only I and III are strong.
D Only either I or III and II are strong.
Question 29

Statement: Should the Government allow foreign construction companies in setting up of nuclear power plants? Arguments: I. Yes, the foreign construction companies are technically superior than the construction companies in our country and therefore they will be able to build better installations. II. Yes, we need to construct such facilities with the help of foreign construction companies which have experience of building such installations in a time bound manner to avoid unnecessary delay. III. No, nuclear power installations are sensitive in nature and are integrated to the safety and security of our country and therefore we should not allow the foreigners to have access to such installations. A All are strong.
B Only I and II are strong.
C Only III is strong.
D Only II is strong.
Question 30

Directions (Q. Nos. 30-31): Study the information below to answer these questions. A, B, C, D are to be seated in a row. But C and D cannot be together. Also B cannot be at the third place.Question Which of the following must be false? A A is at the first place
B A is at the second place
C A is at the third place
D A is at the fourth place
Question 31

If A is not at the third place then C has: A the first place only
B the third place only
C the first and the third place only
D any of the places
Question 32

Directions (Q. Nos. 32-33): Study the information below and answer the questions based on it. A boy is asked to put in a basket one mango when ordered ‘One’, one orange when ordered ‘Two’, one apple when ordered ‘There’ and is asked to take out from the basket one mango and an orange when ordered ‘Four’. A sequence of orders is given as: 1 2 3 3 2 1 4 2 3 1 4 2 2 3 3 1 4 1 1 3 2 3 4QuestionHow many total oranges were in the basket at the end of the above sequence? A 1
B 4
C 3
D 2
Question 33

How many total fruits will be in the basket at the end of the above order sequence? A 9
B 8
C 11
D 10
Question 34

Directions (Q. Nos. 34-36): Study the information below and answer the questions based on it. The plan above shows an office block for six officers A, B, C, D, E and F. Both B and C occupy offices to the right of the corridor (as one enters the office block) and A occupies an office to the left of the corridor. E and F occupy offices on opposite sides of the corridor but their offices do not face each other. The offices of C and D face each other. E does not have a corner office. F’s office is further down the corridor than A’s, but on the same side.Question If E sits in his office and faces the corridor, whose office is to his left? A A
B B
C C
D D
Question 35

Whose office faces A’s office? A B
B C
C D
D E
Question 36

D was heard telling someone to go further down the corridor to the last office on the right. To whose room was he trying to direct that person? A A
B B
C C
D F
Question 37

Directions (Q. Nos. 37-38): Title of an article is given against each of these questions. Mark answer as A. if it pertains to Politics B. if it pertains to Sociology C. if it pertains to Science and Technology D. if it pertains to SportsQuestion Cases of Female infanticide still prevalent in India. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 38

Researchers debate: Homeopathy a placebo or a healer? A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 39

Directions (Q. Nos. 39-42): Below in each question are given two statements (A) and (B). These statements may be either independent causes or may be effects of independent causes or a common cause. One of these statements may be the effect of the other statement. Read both the statements and decide which of the following answer choices correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements. Mark answer as (1) if statement (A) is the causes and statement (B) is its effect. (2) if statement (B) is the cause and statement (A) is its effect. (3) if both the statements (A) and (B) are independent causes. (4) if both the statements (A) and (B) are effect of independent causes.Question A. The prices of cement have increased manifold during the past few years. B. Government has decided to provide tax break for five years to the new cement manufacturing factories to be set up in near future. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 40

A. This year majority of the X Std. Students of the local school opted Sanskrit as the third language. B. Last year majority of X Std. Student of the local school opted French as the third language. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 41

A. The prices of vegetables have increased substantially during the past few weeks. B. Government had reduced the prices of petroleum products about a month back. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 42

A. Large number of people rushed to the Super Bazar on Sunday. B. The Super Bazer offered heavy discounts for a very large number of merchandise on Sunday. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 43

Directions (Q. Nos. 43-46): In each of the question below are given four statements followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be of variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statement disregarding commonly known facts. Mark answer as (A) if only Conclusion II follows. (B) if either Conclusion I or II follows. (C) if either Conclusion I nor II follows. (D) if both Conclusions I and II follow.Question Statements: Some pins are magnets. Some magnets are scales. Some scales are trucks. All trucks are buses. Conclusions: I. Some trucks are pins. II. No truck is pin. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 44

Statements: All jungles are trees. All trees are roads. All roads are houses. All houses are buildings. Conclusions: I. All trees are houses. II. Some buildings are roads. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 45

Statements: All tablets are packets. No packet is bag. Some bags are toys. All toys are puppets. Conclusions: I. Some puppets are tablets.II. Some puppets are bags. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 46

Statements: Some desks are tables. Some tables are chairs. Some chairs are benches. Some benches are cots. Conclusions: I. Some chairs are desks. II. Some cots are tables. A (A)
B (B)
C (C)
D (D)
Question 47

Directions (Q. Nos. 47-48): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. Digit in the numbers are to be coded as follows: Digit: 2 5 7 1 3 6 9 8 4 0Code: P D M R F L J Z H KThe following conditions are to be applied: (i) If the first digit is even and the last digit is odd, each of the even digits in the number is to be coded as ‘A’. (ii) If the first digit is add and the last digit is even, each of the odd digits in the number is to be coded as ‘B’. (iii) If ‘0’ is the last digit of the number, it is to the coded as ‘X’. (iv) if first and the last digits either both are even or both are odd, then both are to be coded as ‘Y’. (v) ‘0’ is neither even nor odd. Applying the above conditions, find out the correct code for the number in each question and indicate your answer accordingly.Question 586342 A DAAFAA
B BZLBHP
C BZLFHB
D AZLAHP
Question 48

639487 A AFJAAM
B BFJBBM
C AFJHZA
D BFJHZB
Question 49

Directions (Q. Nos. 49-50): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. M, V, K, D, T, J and R are seven friends studying in different classes – IIIrd, IVth, Vth, VIth, VIIth, VIIIth and IXth standards. Each of them has different favourite colours – yellow, blue, red, white, black, green and violet. J likes red and studies in class Vth. R likes violet and studies in class IIIrd, M studies in class VIIIth and does not like green and yellow. K likes white and does not study in VIIth and IVth. D studies in VIth and likes black. T does not study in IVth. V does not like green.Question In which standard does ‘V’ study? A IVth
B IXth
C VIIIth
D Data inadequate
Question 50

What is M’s favourite colour? A Red
B Yellow
C Green
D Blue

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in