2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th May 2015, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

NIFT Previous Year Question Papers

Can you provide me previous year paper and model paper of NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) entrance examination because I want to do Bsc in fashion Technology from NIFT so I have applied for entrance examination?
Similar Threads
Thread
Karnataka State Open University B.Com 3rd year previous year question papers
B.Com 1st year previous year question papers of University of Mumbai
Previous year question papers BA 2nd Year English of Kuvempu University
Latest paper pattern or previous year question papers of B.Com 2nd year of Pune Unive
VTU Previous Year Question Papers 7th SEM EEE
University of Mumbai B.Com 3rd year distance education previous year question papers
University of Mumbai B.Com 1st year previous year question papers
Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University BDS 1st year previous year question papers
CG PET Previous Year Question Papers
Previous Year Question Papers of NIFT Entrance
NIFT Previous Year Question Papers UG
RTU Previous Year Question Papers 1st Sem
NIFT Master of Management (MFM) exam previous year question papers
M.Sc Psychology 1st year previous year question papers of University of Madras
B.Com 3rd year previous year question papers of University of Mumbai
Previous year question papers of 1st year MBA in Bharathiyar University
Previous year question papers of final year B.Com.(Dictance Education) from Mumbai Un
Karnataka 2nd Year PUC previous year question papers of Chemistry
Master of Commerce 1st year previous year question papers of IGNOU
NIFT Previous Year Papers
2nd March 2016, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Re: NIFT Previous Year Question Papers

Could you please provide me the Previous Year Question Papers of NIFT entrance examination which I require for preparation purpose?
2nd March 2016, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NIFT Previous Year Question Papers

UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMME IN FASHION TECHNOLOGY PAPER-II - MANAGERIAL ABILITY TEST question paper is as given below:

Directions (Q. Nos. 1-10) : Study the situation given below and answer these questions.
On November 26, 1993, the airport police caught a youth Sravan Kumar trying to smuggle 98 dried
bear gall bladders out the country. They looked like shriveled black mangoes, and no one but an expertcould
say that the weird looking things came from an animal. Even experts could falter in identifying the species of
the animal the gall bladders came from. This if thegall bladders came from the Himalayan brown bear as the
airport police suspected, then Sravan Kumar should have been prosecuted under the law. Actually drugs made
from bear gall bladder are used in Tibetan medicine as cures for various ailments including joint aches,
rheumatism, cataracts, gall stones, cancer and even as aphrodisiacs. Since these drugs are highly reputed
(despite their being actually useless), the intact gall bladders of bear sell in the international markets at
phenomenal rates. This has caused poaching of bearsand the consequent fall in bear population.
Sravan Kumar understood that he had been caught red-handed. The best way to circumvent the law
was to deny that these were bear gall bladders. Consequently he asserted that the gall bladders had been taken
out from pigs and not from bears. Since pig is not protected species in the Act, Sravan Kumar could goscot
free. He banked upon the fact that the gall bladders of large mammals look quite alike and extremely difficult to
distinguish one from the other. In effect, the question belonged to pigs or to bears. It was at this state that the
airport police asked for my help.
Despite common belief, forensic science doesn’t enter to solving murders, killings or assassinations.
Forensic science is the application of scientific knowledge to solve any legal dispute. Since here thepolice did
face a legal dilemma, forensic science could come to their rescue.
During recent years, the law enforcement agencies involved in protecting wildlife are increasingly
turning to forensic sciences to bring the culprits to book. Protected animals are killed either because of false
beliefs in the curative powers of medicines made form their body part, or because of their valuable furs or hides
or sometimes just for plain fun. Poaching of elephants for ivory is a common problem. But ivory comes from a
number of sources (as many as fifteen), and often the criminals find it convenient to assert the ivoryis illegal,
trading in the ivory of now extinct mammoths and mastodons is totally legal (where there would hardly a point
in making it illegal, since mammoths and mastodons are already extinct). These is synthetic ivory too,which is
plastic like material. Whenever smugglers are caught with ivory, their standard answer is that the ivory is from a
mammoth which is completely legal.
Forensic science once again comes to the rescue ofwildlife officers. It helps in differentiating Ivory
coming various sources. Mammoth ivory is usually darker than elephant ivory, since it contains traces of iron
which has oxidized over time, but that is not always the case. The best way ivory from various sourcescan be
distinguished is by observing what are known as Schreyer lines. Ivory is criss-crossed by dentinal tubules,
which can be seen under a scanning electron micro-scope (SEM) as straight lines. These tubules were first
described by a German researcher Schreger, after whom these lines are named. These Schreger lines forma
unique pattern in each species. For instance, whilein elephants, these lines always meet at an angle greater than
110 degrees, in mammoths, the form is a very conveniently basis for differentiating between the ivories of
mammoth and elephant.

1. What was the question that turned up during theinvestigations that followed the confiscation of gall
bladders?
(a) Can experts easily distinguish between animals gallbladder and shriveled up mangoes?
(b) Can experts easily distinguish between the gall bladders of bear and those of pigs?
(c) Is it a matter of experience or of medical expertise that enable doctor to identify the species of the
animals to which the gall bladders belong?
(d) Is the police force better than doctor at identifying the species of the animals to which the gall
bladders belong?

2. Why did Sravan Kumar say that the gall bladders had been taken out of pigs?
(i) because pigs do not figure among the five schedules in the Indian Wildlife Protection Act of 1973.
(ii) because he wanted to avoid prosecution.
(iii) because he did not consider it morally wrong to say so
(iv) because he had bribed a forensic scientist to support his statements
(a) i only (b) i & ii only (c) i, ii, & iii only (d) ii & iii only

3. Why are the gall bladders of bears smuggled?
(i) because they fetch lot of money (ii) because they are apparently useless
(iii) because they are used for making drugs
(a) i only (b) ii only (c) i & ii only (d) i & iii only

4. Which of the following statements is correct?
(a) the weird looking things are shriveled black mangoes
(b) the ‘ursus arctos’ is a protected species
(c) the gall bladders of bears do not sell in the international market
(d) Sravan Kumar was not a smuggler

5. What did Sravan Kumar base his hopes on?
(a) the lack of expertise in the field of forensic science
(b) the fact the gall bladders had been taken from bears and not pigs
(c) the fact that the gall bladders of large mammals look quite alike
(d) the fact that intact gall bladders sell in the international market

6. Why did the airport police seek the authors’ help?
(a) because he is a detective
(b) because he is an expert in the field of forensic science
(c) because he is a foreigner, settled in India
(d) because he is a great champion of Wild Life Protection in India

7. What was the legal dilemma?
(a) whether to prosecute Sravan Kumar or to let him go scot free?
(b) To determine whether the gall bladders belonged to pigs or bears.
(c) To decide whether the bear is an endangered species
(d) To decide whether the pig is an endangered species

8. Who are the culprits who need to be punished?
(i) Poachers (ii) Those who kill animals for their organs
(iii) Those who hunt protected animals for fun
(a) i & ii only (b) i & iii only (c) ii only (d)i, ii, iii

9. Why is it convenient for criminals to claim that the ivory has come from a legally valid source?
(a) because mammoths and mastodons have become extinct
(b) because ivory comes from as many as fifteen sources
(c) because ivory is impossible for anyone to distinguish one kind of ivory from another
(d) because killing of elephants is prohibited in most countries

10. What is the best way of distinguishing ivory coming from various sources?
(a) by testing the ivory contains traces of iron
(b) by scrutinizing it closely to see whether it is darker than elephant ivory
(c) by over serving the pattern of tubules on the ivory
(d) by feeling the texture to note the difference

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in