2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd June 2015, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Ngh mdu

Will you please give me some information about the Maternity Day Unit of the Northampton General Hospital, what are the services and facilities provided in it? also tell me about the opening hours of the Maternity Day Unit?
7th June 2018, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Re: Ngh mdu

I want to know the services offered by the Maternity Day Unit, Northampton General Hospital so can you tell me?
7th June 2018, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Ngh mdu

NGH Maternity Day Unit MDU exists to assist in the care of women with complications in pregnancy.

The unit is in area L of the hospital, opposite the eye department.

Services-

One of its most important roles is the availability of day care facilities for women who would otherwise require hospital admission to supervise this pregnancy.

Antenatal day care enables most women with pregnancy complications to avoid hospital admission until delivery.

Diabetic Service MDU runs several GTT clinics per week determining the diagnosis of Gestation Diabetes. For those women with Gestational Diabetes MDU work in collaboration with the diabetes team to offer further care.

Midwife Led Ultrasound Clinics There are now 5 Midwife Sonographers within the department who offer third trimester scanning for presentation and growth. These appointments are accessed through the Community team.

They also see women over 20 weeks gestation through the telephone maternity triage system, 07887 566489.

MDU is midwife led but they do have 5 different High Risk Consultant clinics that run on various days of the week.

MDU has a team of midwives with special interest in caring for women with pregnancy complications and other support staff for clinical and administration services. Maria Maclaren-Love is the Senior Midwife in charge.

Contact details

Telephone: 01604 545435

Opening times: Monday Friday 08.30 21.00 Saturday and Sunday 08.30 16.30

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in