2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2014, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NET Exam Dates

University Grants Commission are holding the National Eligibility Test for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Lectureship or JRF and Eligibility for Lectureship both in Indian universities and colleges.

Important Dates:
CSIR-UGC NET 2014 Test For Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Lectureship will be conducted on 21st December 2014.

Eligibility :
Interested students who are appearing in their final exam of post graduation degree or those who have completed their masters with minimum 55% marks are eligible to apply.
An upper Age criterion is only for the post of Junior Research Fellow, which is 28 yrs.
PhD degree holder may apply also.

Paper Pattern
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions.

Session: First
Paper - I
Marks - 100
Duration - 1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)
Number of Question - 60 out of which 50 question to be attempted

Session: First
Paper - II
Marks - 100
Duration - 1¼ Hours (10.45 A.M. to 12.00 NOON)
Number of Question - 50 questions all are compulsory

Session: Second
Paper - III
Marks - 150
Duration - 2½ Hours (01.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.)
Number of Question - 75 questions all are compulsory
3rd December 2014, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

NET Exam Dates

I want to give NET exam so please give me all important dates including last date to submit the form? Also give other important details?
4th December 2014, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Here I am giving you important dates of NET exam with last date to submit the form.
Important Tentative Dates:
Date for Closing Online Applications and Generation of Bank Challan: 5th May 2014
Date for Closing Online Payment of Application Fee & SBI Branches: 7th May 2014
Date of Closing for Printing Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card: 10th May 2014
Date of Closing for Receiving Printed Copy of Application Form at Coordinating University: 15th May 2014

Eligibility criteria:

BE/ BTech /BPharma /MBBS /Integrated BS /MS /MSc or equivalent degree with at least 55 per cent marks for general and OBC (50 per cent for SC/ST candidates, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates).

The single paper MCQ-based test will be held in six subjects to be held in two sessions and subjects will be:

(i) Life Sciences
(ii) Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
(iii) Mathematical Sciences
(iv) Chemical Sciences
(v) Physical Sciences
(vi) Engineering Sciences
28th February 2015, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I want to appear in the UGC NET Exam? So I am searching for the important dates for the NET Exam? can you please tell me about its important dates and other information?
1st March 2015, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

The main objective of the UGC NET is to determine eligibility for college & university level lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.

You are asking for the important dates for the UGC NET exam. Here I am providing you tentative dates for the UGC NET. These are as follows:

Application Forms online registration starting date –feb 2015
Closing date of fee deposit – 11.03.2015
Application fee online registration last date – 12.03.2015
Application forms hard copy submission last date – 17.03.2015
Last date for receipt of hard copy application form from remote areas: 23.03.2015
Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis: 20.04.2015
Single MCQ Examination Date – 21.06.2015

UGC NET exam eligibility criteria –

The candidates must be a citizen of India.

The applicant who want to appear in UGC NET exam they must possess graduate/ post graduate/ BE / B Tech / MBBS / Integrated BS-MS / MSC / PhD from any recognized university.

28 years is maximum age limit for JRF post exam and no upper age limit for Lectureship post exam.
Relaxation in upper age will also be provided you as per norms of government of India.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in