2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th November 2014, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NEET exam after M.Sc

Yeah definitely your are eligible for NEET exam as the mini eligibility for this exam is 12th .

National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) as a qualifying exam for various MBBS/BDS courses at colleges across the country.

Eligibility Criteria

12th standard exam with 50% (General), 40% (SC/ST), 45% (Differently able) aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.

Selection Process:

Separate Counseling for 15% all India quota, State quota and NRI quota will be done on the basis of the merit/wait list generated on the basis of the result of NEET exam.

Exam pattern:

The NEET UG 2014 exam is a 3 hour exam consisting of 180 objective type questions from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Every question has an equal weight age of 4 marks for a right answer and a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.

Application form:

Candidates will be able to only apply in online mode by the official website i.e cbseneet.nic.in.

Application fee:

Application fee is Rs. 1000 for candidates belonging to general/OBC categories and Rs. 550 for those belonging to SC/ST/PH categories.

Address
Central Board of Secondary Education
"Shiksha Kendra", 2, Community Center, Vikas Marg, Preet Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110092 ‎
011 2250 9256 ‎

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Central+Board+of+Secondary+Education,+Vikas +Marg,+Preet+Vihar,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&hl=en&ll=28.6 41617,77.295492&spn=0.010226,0.020428&sll=28.60780 8,77.224982&sspn=0.010229,0.020428&oq=Central+Boar d+of+Secondary+Education+&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
25th May 2015, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, I am pursuing the M.Sc. exam Will you please tell me that am I eligible to apply for NEET UG exam after M.Sc. or not?
25th May 2015, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the NEET UG exam. Students need to pass class 12th with physics, chemistry and Maths to seat in NEET exam and as you have done the M.Sc. so you are supposed to have physics, chemistry and Maths in class 12th.

Here, I am giving you some details about the NEET.

The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).

Eligibility Criteria:

Applicant needs to pass class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English with at least 50% marks.

Age Criteria:

Applicant should have completed age of 17 years at time of admission.

NEET UG Exam pattern: the question paper contains questions from following sections.

1 Physics
2 Chemistry
3 Biology

Here, I am giving you name of the topics you need to cover for the NEET UG exam.

For Physics:
Electrostatics
Current Electricity
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Electromagnetic Waves
Optics
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Atoms and Nuclei
Electronic Devices

For Chemistry:
Solid State
Solutions
Electrochemistry
Chemical Kinetics
Surface Chemistry
General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
p- Block Elements
d and f Block Elements
Coordination Compounds
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
Biomolecules
Polymers
Chemistry in Everyday Life

Biology:
Reproduction
Genetics and Evolution
Biology and Human Welfare
Biotechnology and Its Applications
Ecology and environment

Following are the some good books for NEET UG Exam

Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips: Boost Your NEET | PMT Score! (Standard 11 + 12) (Paperback) By MTG Editorial Board

NEET Encounter with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Just 40 Days (Set of 3 Books) (Paperback) By Sudhansu Thakur, SB Tripathi, S Chakravarty

NEET 2013: 10 Mock Tests Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany (Paperback) By Experts Compilations

ACE Biology for NEET Medical Entrance Exams For Class – 12 (Volume – 2) (Paperback) By R C Narang, Sahil Agarwal

NEET Biology: Common Medical Entrance Exam By Disha Experts

NEET Chemistry: Common Medical Entrance Exam By Disha Experts

Chemistry IIT-JEE, AIEEE, NEET (Set of 2 Volumes) (Paperback) By Universal Book

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in