2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th June 2015, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

NCBS Jobs

I want to apply for the Junior System Administrator job Vacancy in National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) so please give me some information about this? Can I apply online for the recruitment for this post, tell me about its registration process?
Similar Threads
Thread
Ncbs ksa
NCBS JRF Vacancy
Ncbs pdf
Location Of NCBS
NCBS Admissions
NCBS Help Desk
NCBS Ottawa
JRF at NCBS
Ncbs nmr
MSc in NCBS
Result NCBS
NCBS Recruitment
PG near NCBS
JRF Vacancy in NCBS
Career NCBS
Courses at NCBS
NCBS Phd Entrance
NCBS Overview
NCBS Contact
NCBS Tenders
2nd January 2016, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Re: NCBS Jobs

Hi I would like to know the jobs available with NCBS as I am interested in following the career path which it offers with job prospects?
2nd January 2016, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NCBS Jobs

Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in research areas related to Chemical Ecology.

The program is entitled “Chemical Ecology of the North East Region (NER) of India: A Collaborative Programme Linking NER and Bangalore Researchers” which is funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt of India.

DETAILS OF THE PROJECTS
1. Insect- plant interactions for stored grain pests and disease management (Dr.Y.Rajashekar, IBSD Manipur - Dr.Shannon Olsson, NCBS)
2. Molecular characterization of allelopathy among rice varieties of North Eastern India: (Dr.S.K.Barik, NEHU- Dr. P.V. Sivaprasad, NCBS)
3. Understanding chemical ecology of the Indian Pitcher plant Nepenthes Khasiana Hook.f for its conservation (Dr.S.K.Barik, NEHU- Dr.Radhika Venkatesan, NCBS)
4. Extra floral nectar: chemical diversity and species-specificity, ecological functional diversity, elucidation of biochemical pathway, and response of ants to extrafloral nectar and honeydew (Dr.S.K.Barik , NEHU- Dr. Renee M. Borges IISc)
5. Chemical Ecology Study of Oak Borer Larva with its host and the associated (Dr.Zavei Hiese, Nagaland science and technology council, Dr.Shannon Olsson, NCBS)
6. Aquarium- assisted Evaluation of Fish-Poisoning Plants against Fishes followed by Piscicidal Plants Extraction, Isolation and their Neurobiological Activity (Dr. Zavei Hiese, Dr. M. Prabhakar, Nagaland science and technology council, Dr.Vatsala Thirumalai, NCBS)
7. Diversity and adaptations to high altitudes in social hymenopterans of the Eastern Himalayas (Dr.Jharna Chakravorty, Rajiv Gandhi University, Dr. Axel Brockmann, NCBS)

ELIGIBILITY

Eligible aspirants must hold a Master's degree with minimum 55% of the total marks (equivalent grade) in basic science, applied science, biochemistry, biotechnology, environmental science, plant sciences, or life sciences etc. They should possess the following:
Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills &
Interpersonal skills with experience in working within a team &
an ability to work under field conditions are desirable.

Aspirants appearing in the final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. The aspirants should be below the age of 28 years for open category as on 28th February 2016.

Applications are t be sent to:
Program Manager (Chemical Ecology), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience etc. The hard copy of the application should reach NCBS, Bangalore by 15th December, 2015.

Applicants can also apply by sending their CVs to mail ID chemecoldbtner@gmail.com.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in