2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th October 2016, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: National Talent Search Examination Conducted By

NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) is a national-level scholarship program in India

National Talent Search Examination is a Scholarship Exam Conducted by NCERT.

NTSE Eligibility Criteria ;

Students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the respective Class X Stage I examination conducted by the States/UTs in which the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.

For Scholarship, provided he student is below the age of 18 years (as on 01 July of the particular year).

Selection Procedure :

To sit in Stage – II examination of NTS, the cut -off marks will be 40% of marks.

For reserved category, this cut-off mark will be 32%.

The Merit List will be prepared taking the total marks secured by the candidates.

NTSE 2016-17 Exam Dates

NTSE 2016-17 Stage-I

Examination in Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Andaman and Nicobar Island : 5th November 2016 (Saturday)

Examination in Bihar and West Bengal : 13th November 2016 (Sunday)

Examination in All other States/UTs : 6th November 2016 (Sunday)

NTSE 2016-17 Stage-II

Examination in All States/UTs : 14th May 2017 (Sunday)

NTSE Examination Pattern

The pattern of written examination for Class X will be as follows:

Stage I examination at the State/UT level will comprise two parts, namely (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering social sciences, sciences and mathematics.

Stage II examination at the National level will comprise (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT), (b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering Social Sciences, Sciences and Mathematics.

At Stage-II (National Level) Exam, there will be negative marking in each paper. For each wrong answer 1/3rd marks will be deducted. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in