2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th November 2017, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Tax Free Bonds

NHPC Limited (NHPC) is a Mini Ratna Category-I hydroelectric power generating company dedicated to the planning, development and implementation of an integrated and efficient network of hydroelectric power projects in India.

Salient features of the BOND Issue
The Bonds are issued in the form of tax-free, secured, redeemable, nonconvertible
bonds and the interest on the Bonds will not form part of the total income as per provisions u/s. 10 (15) (iv) (h) of I.T. Act, 1961

Credit rating agency ICRA has rated the Bonds under this offer as ICRA AAA and IRRPL ( India Rating & Research Pvt. Ltd.) has rated the Bonds as IND AAA and CARE has rated the Bonds as CARE AAA. Instruments with this rating are considered to have the highest degree of safety regarding timely servicing of financial
obligations. Such instruments carry very low credit risk.

The Bonds bear an attractive coupon rate; 8.18% p.a. for 10 Years, 8.54% for 15 Years and 8.67% for 20 Years for Category I, II, III applicants and Attractive coupon of 8.43% p.a. for 10 Years, 8.79% for 15 Years and 8.92% for 20 Years for Retail Individual holders (RIIs) on record date.

Issue size: Rs. 1,000 Crs*
*Issue of Rs 500 crores with an option to retain over-subscription upto Rs.500 crs.
Face value: Rs 1,000
Minimum Application: Rs 5,000 or 5 Bonds

Security Cover

One time of the total outstanding Bonds.
Nature of Indebtedness and Ranking / The claims of the Bondholders shall be superior to the claims of any unsecured creditors of the
Company and subject to applicable statutory and/or regulatory requirements, rank pari passu Seniority inter se to the claims of other secured creditors of the Company having the same security

Information About the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Tax Free Bonds

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in