2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th February 2016, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Re: Mysore University Genetics

Hello sir, I’m pursuing M.SC from Mysore University. In the M.Sc course program I have a Genetics subject for this subject I want its syllabus to get attempt exam? Can any one provide me syllabus of Mysore University Genetics?
16th February 2016, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mysore University Genetics

The Mysore University was established in 1916 by the Maharaja of Mysore. This university is known for its glorious history, heritage, culture and quality in higher education.

The Mysore University is now the mother of four universities. Mysore University has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council

Mysore university offer M.Sc in Human Disease Genetics aims to fill an important need in the country. 2 year M.Sc is the best course for the science students. The curriculum includes a range of subjects from fundamental biology, genetics and population biology to clinical genetics and genomics.

Syllabus of Genetics:

Unit I:
Mendel and his experiments – Mendelism, Extension of Mendelism - Interaction
of genes (Complementary factors, Supplementary factors, Epistasis and
Hypostasis), Linkage and Crossing over, Sex linked inheritance. Cytoplasmic inheritance, Sex determination in Drosophila, Melandrium and Man; Human Syndromes.

Unit II:
Gene concept: Classical (Mendelian factors, Cistron, Recon, Muton) and Modern
Concept (transposons, split-genes), Operon concept of gene regulation, Inborn
errors of metabolism
Unit III:
Cell cycle, Mitosis and Meiosis, synaptonemal complex, Fine structure of eukaryotic chromosomes, Polytene and Lampbrush chromosomes, Structural and numerical changes in chromosomes.

Unit IV:
Ultrastructural organization of cell - Structure and Functions of cell organelles.

Unit V:
Experiments of Griffith, Avery, MacLeod and McCarthy; Structure of DNA and
Semi-conservative replication of DNA, structure of RNA, Types of RNA and their
functions. Transcription & Translation - initiation, elongation and termination.
Post-transcriptional modifications of eukaryotic mRNA, Genetic code.

Unit VI:
Gene mutations: Mutagens, Spontaneous and Induced mutations. Detection of
mutations by ClB technique.

Unit VII:
Developmental biology: Fertilization, cleavage patterns, blastula, gastrula,
Primary organizer Immunology: Innate and adaptive immunity, cell mediated immunity, humora limmunity, structure of immunoglobulin, autoimmune diseases (sedormid purpura, rheumatoid arthritis), MHC molecules, AIDS.

Unit VIII:
Cancer biology: Types, characteristics of cancer cell, benign and malignant cancer, carcinogens (physical, chemical, biological), cancer therapy

Unit IX:
Evolution: Darwinism, Neo-Darwinism, gene pool, Hardy-Weinberg law, genetic drift, gene flow, geographical and reproductive isolation, bottle neck phenomenon, natural selection and speciation, evidences of evolution.

Unit X:
Tools and techniques of genetic engineering, vectors (plasmid, cosmid,
bacteriophage), enzymes used in recombinant DNA technology, host cells, types
of bioreactors, transgenic plants and animals.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in