2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th February 2013, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mumbai University Exams Engineering

Here I am providing you syllabus for the BE computer science 8th semester from Mumbai university:

1. COMPUTER NETWORKS & COMMUNICATION
Introduction:

Networks, architecture, applications, ISO model.
Physical layer: Review of data communication, transmission and multiplexing, transmission media, error detection, recovery, interfacing, ISDN.

Topology:
Introduction to topological problems, graph theory, network flow, traffic analysis, queuing theory and analysis of M/M/I systems.
Local area networks:Bus/ring/tree topology, medium access protocol, and performance.

Data link layer:
Line configurations, flow control, error control, bit oriented link control, simplex and sliding window protocols, protocol performance evaluation.

Network layer:
Communication networking techniques, circuit switching, message switching, packet switching, broadcast networks. Packet switching: virtual circuits and datagrams, routing, traffic control, congestion control, and error control.

Inter networking:bridge/router/gateway, connection oriented and connection-less inter networking.
Services and protocols for transport layer, session layer and presentation layer. Data encryption and data compression.
Application layer protocols: Architecture and access protocols.

For the complete syllabus I am attaching a PDF file with it ..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MU BE computer science 8th semester syllabus.pdf (101.8 KB, 43 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in