2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st November 2015, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Re: Mumbai University for Engineering

Hi sir I want to known syllabus of the first sem physics subject from Mumbai university engineering department please give me detail of it?
21st November 2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mumbai University for Engineering

As you want syllabus of the first sem physics subject from Mumbai university engineering department here I am providing you the same

Crystallography:
Space lattice, Unit Cell, Lattice parameters, Bravais lattices and
Crystal systems, Cubic crystal system & lattices; Density & Packing Fraction; Miller indices of crystallographic planes & directions; inter-planar distance; Diamond structure, NaCl structure, HCP structure, BaTiO3 structure; Ligancy and Critical radius ratio;
Determination of crystal structure using Xray diffraction techniques viz. Laue method, rotating crystal method (Bragg method) & powder method Real crystals & point defects; photonic crystals; Liquid crystal phases and application in LCD

Semiconductors:

from energy bands of solids and classification of solids; Concepts of holes, effective mass; drift mobility and conductivity in conductors, intrinsic semiconductors and extrinsic semiconductors
Fermi-Dirac distribution function and Fermi energy level in a conductor, insulator,
intrinsic & extrinsic semiconductor; Effect of impurity concentration and temperature on the Fermi Level

Hall Effect (applied electric field along x-axis and applied magnetic field along z-axis) and its application.
Drift and Diffusion of charge carriers to photovoltaic solar cells (refer syllabus)

First Sem Physics Mumbai University Engineering Syllabus

For more detail go through this pdf;

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in