2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st November 2014, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Mumbai University B.Ed Admission Procedure

The admission procedure for B.Ed course at Mumbai University is based on the CET test entranced exam.

The total marks for the entrance examination will be 100 and the duration of the examination will be of 90 minutes.

The questions will be objective type, covering (i) General Mental Ability, (ii) General Knowledge, (ii) General English, (iv) Broad aspects of general education and special education.

Selection will be made in the order of merit.

Eligibility:
Candidates must have passed a Bachelor’s degree examination of any University recognized with a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate at the Bachelor’s degree examination and must have offered subjects relating to secondary/Higher Secondary level as per the requirements laid down by the State Government in that regard.

Fees of B.Ed :
Sr. No. Particulars Amount (Rs.)
01 Registration Fee 150/-
02 Tuition Fee14000/-
03 Examination Fee 750/-
04 Caution Deposit2000/-
605 Library Deposit 1500/-
06 Affiliation Fee 1000/-
07 Stationery 1000/-
08 Enrolment 220/-
Total 20620/-

B.Ed Colleges Under Mumbai University
1. Secondary Training College
2. St. Xavier’s Institute of Education
3. Smt. Kapila Khandwala College of Education,
4. Government College of Education
5. Bombay Teacher’s training College,
6. Government College of Education
7. Hansraj Jivandas College of Education

University of Mumbai
1st Floor, Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan, B Rd, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020 ‎
022 2270 8700

Map:

[MAP]University of Mumbai[/MAP]

Last edited by Raman Vij; 24th February 2015 at 05:28 PM.
24th February 2015, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me in details about the admission process in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) course in Mumbai University as my sister want to take admission in it?
24th February 2015, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Details about the admission process in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) course in Mumbai University as your sister want to take admission in it is as follows:

Minimum Admission Requirement

A candidate must have passed a Bachelor degree exam of this University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate at the Bachelor degree exam and must have offered subjects relating to secondary/Higher Secondary level as per the requirements laid down by the State Government in that regard.

Relaxation of the minimum percentage of marks at the Bachelor degree exam for candidates from Reserved Categories and serving teachers is as per State Government rules.

Mumbai University B.Ed Admission Procedure

Duration of University of Mumbai B.Ed course:
The minimum duration of Mumbai University BEd Admission is one year.

Subjects offered at Mumbai University BEd:
English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Commerce, Science and Mathematics

Procedure of Selection:
Application for Mumbai University BEd Admission is selected through Common Entrance Test (CET).

Contact Detail:
University of Mumbai
CST Road, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098 ‎

[MAP]University of Mumbai[/MAP]
7th March 2015, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Can someone apply if the marks r 42% for b.ed ? How much weight does an online or correspondence course for b.ed have and how much is it recognized while applying for a job?
19th September 2019, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for info related to Mumbai University B.Ed Admission Procedure , as I am thinking to take admission in B.ed program so will you plz let me know about the same ??
19th September 2019, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

University of Mumbai is one of the earliest state universities in India and the oldest in Maharashtra.

As you want to do B.ed from Mumbai University so on your demand I am giving bellow require info :

Admission criteria:
Applicants completed graduation or post graduation with 50% (45% for ST, SC, OBC, VJNT Applicants) marks from any recognized University are eligible to apply.
Applicants completed B.Com, Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, Agriculture, BBI, Pharmacy, Law, Fine Arts Performing Arts, Music, Dance, Drama with 55% (50% for reserved category candidates) marks at graduation or post graduation are also eligible to apply.

Admission Process
Register and Apply
Interested candidates can apply online with the required information.

Merit Screening
Admission is based on the marks obtained in graduation

University profile

Type Public

Established 18 July 1857; 162 years ago

Founder John Wilson

Chancellor Governor of Maharashtra

Vice-Chancellor Suhas Pednekar

Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Campus Urban

Colors Blue

Affiliations UGC, NAAC, AIU