2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th August 2015, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MSC Zoology Syllabus in EIILM University

As you want I am here giving you syllabus for first year MSC Zoology course offered by EIILM University.

Master of Zoology

Syllabus
First Year
Paper – 1
CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
UNIT – I
Cell concept – Size and form – ultra structure and functions of plosmo membranes.
Endoplasmic retieulum, Ribosomes, mitochondria, lysosomes, contriosomes, and golgicompled in
the light of recent researches.
UNIT – II

Ultra structure of chromosomes – Giant chromosomes – structure and functions –
supernumerary (or) B. Chromsomes.

UNIT – III
Interphase nucleus – Dynamics of cell division, a molecular approach, cell centre and
mitotic apparatus, synoptenemal complex and movement of chromosomes.

UNIT – IV
Chemistry and structure of DNA, DNA replication, Nucleus DNA, amounts and c-value
Paradox, satellite DNA, functions, of repeated DNA sequence, mitochondrial DNA, A, B, and ZDNA,
Types chemistry and functions of RNA, Processing of rRNA and tRNA. Gene action and
Protein synthesis, genetic code – Processing and translation of mRNA.

UNIT – V
Radiation and radioactivity Isotopes and their uses in biological investigation – Biological
effects of radiation – Geiger – Muller counter – scintillation counter.

Paper – 2
GENRAL MICROBIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
GENERAL MICROBIOLOGY
UNIT – I
History and scope of microbiology – prokaryotic and eukaryotic micro organisms.
Morphological types – cell wall of gram Positive and Gram negative bacteria. A brief outline of
structure of pictorial, plant and animal viruses, Bacteriophages. Brief account of HIV.
UNIT – II
Industrial microbiology – Fermentation Process – Primary and secondary metabolies –
industrial uses of Bacteria – Lactic acid vinegar and industrial uses of yeasts
– Aminoacid pollution, alcohol and Baker’s yeast and food yeast – Industrial uses of molds –
Pencillin. Production – citric acid – Enzyme Production.
UNIT – III
Diary microbiology – Pasteurization – milk products – curd, butter, ghee, cheese and
yogurt. Food microbiology – Fermented food and food spoilage – food poisoning – factors
influencing spoilage – Physico – chemical methods in food preservation.
UNIT – IV
MEDICAL MICRBIOLOGY : Study of common bacterial and viral diseases of man –
causative organisms – symptoms and preventive measures (Gastro intestinal, respiratory and
nervous systems).
UNIT – V
Human cancer : DNa Tumour viruses – Papilloma viruses – Epstein – Bair virus – Sc 40
virus RNA tumour viruses – Retro viruses. – (Structure, replication, assembly and release) –
Tumourgenic retroviruses, cellular viral oncogenes, relationship between viral and animal
oncogenes – oncognene families – oncoprotiens – Tumour suppressors.

BIOCHEMISTRY

UNIT – I
Atoms, molecular, Polymerization of organic molecular – nature of living matter, major
organic components – chemistry of water – dissolved gasses PH – buffers – membrane
permeability. Structure, properties and functions of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids and
Nucleic acids. Derivatives of carbohydrates and lipids.

UNIT – II
Enzymes – nature, classification and functions – co-enzymes – Isoenzymes,
Antienzymes, mechanism of enzyme action – enzyme inhibitors – enzyme kinetics.Energy –flow
of energy of biolofical world concept of free energy, redoxpotential, coupling of chemical
reactions in transfer of energy. High energy rich compounds – Thermodynamics.

UNIT – III
Metabolism – Protein metabolism – Amino acid metabolism oxidative dermination –
transmination – decorboxylation, demethylation reactions. Carbohydrate metabolism –
Glycogenesis, glycolysis – energetics ofkreb’s cycle, Gluconeogenesis, cori’s cycle, glycosuria –
Diabetics – Lipidmetabolism – metabolism of fatty acids, glyeero’s cholesterol – Inborn errors of
metabolism, BMR

UNIT – IV
Vitamins – Structure, sources, requirements, functions and deficiency manifestations of
fat and water soluble vitamins. Minerals – sources, functions, requirements, absorption and
9th January 2016, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to know that syllabus of the science courses offered by the EIILM University so can you tell me the same
9th January 2016, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

The Eastern Institute for Integrated Learning in Management is a private educational institution located in South Sikkim district in the Indian state of Sikkim. EIILM is run by Rai Foundation

DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE

Programs

BSC(PCB)

BSC(PCM)

BSC

MSC

Diploma in Library Sciences

Bachelor of Library Science

Master of Library Science

Post Graduate Diploma

Diploma

Here you have not give me the specific course so it is not possible for me to give the syllabus of each course so come again with course you want the syllabus for and I ensure you that I will help you

Address:

8th Mile, Budang, Malabassey,

Sikkim 737121

Phone: 099750 88044

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in