2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th September 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

MSc Physics

I want to know the number of students who applied for Msc physics in kerala university. and the minimum percentage of mark that we could admission in MSc physics through online allotment process
Similar Threads
Thread
Physics Society IITKIITK Physics
Physics IITH
Physics SSC
TMH Physics IIT JEE PDF
IAS Physics
UGC NET Physics
Can I do MSc physics after btech ECE?
BSC Physics and MBA
Physics GRE FAQ
Syllabus for IIT JAM Physics
IIT Jam Physics
CCSU Physics
M.Sc Physics IITD
Physics CCSU
Iit Physics
Physics IIT
Bsc Physics IGNOU
Can I do PG after BSc Physics
M.Tech in Physics after B.Sc physics
Which is better M.Tech(electronics) or M.Tech (nuclear physics) after M.Sc(physics)?
5th June 2018, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Re: MSc Physics

I am pursuing 1st Semester of M.SC Physics Course of Pune University. The University has released date sheet for this semester examinations. So please provide question papers of 1st Semester M.SC Physics Examination of Pune University?
5th June 2018, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MSc Physics

As you want question papers of 1st Semester M.SC Physics Course of Pune University, so here I am providing question papers:

Pune University M.Sc Physics 1st Semester Question Paper:
Subject: PHY UTN - 501 : Classical Mechanics

Obtain the Lagrangian and equation of motion for a mass m is suspended to a spring of force constant k and allowed to swing vertically.

Calculate the reduced mass of CO and HCl molecule. (Atomic numbers of H,C,O and Cl atoms are 1, 12, 16 and 35.5 respectively).

Two heavy particles of weights W1 and W2 are connected by a light inextensible string and hang over a fixed smooth circular cylinder of radius R, the axis of which is horizontal. Find the condition of equilibrium of the system by applying the principle of virtual work.

Find the horizontal component of the Coriolis force acting on a rigid body of mass 1.5 kg moving northward with a horizontal velocity of 100 m/sec at 30 N lattitude on earth.

Write a note on holonomic and non-holonomic constraints with examples of each type.

Explain the term Virtual displacement and state the principle of virtual work.

A point mass moves in a vertical plane along a given curve in a gravitational field. The equation of motion in parametric form is
x = x(s), z = z(s)
Write down the Lagranges equation.

Compare Newtonian, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulation and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.

A pendulum of mass m is attached to a block of mass M. The block slides on a horizontal frictionless surface. Find the Lagrangian and equation of motion of the pendulum. For small amplitude oscillations, derive an expression for periodic time.

A bullet is fixed horizontally in the north direction with a velocity of 500 m/sec. at 30N lattitude. Calculate the horizontal component of Coriolis acceleration and the consequent deflection of the bullet as it hits a target 250 meter away. Also determine the vertical displacement of the bullet due to gravity. If the mass of the bullet is 10gm. Find the Coriolis force.

Deduce Hamiltons equation of motion from Hamiltons principle for holonomic system.

What are configuration space and phase space?

State and explain Virial theorem.

Pune University M.Sc Physics 1st Semester Question Paper:
Subject: PHY UTN - 501 : Classical Mechanics

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in