2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st February 2013, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MSC Microbiology Syllabus Pune University

You want MSC Microbiology Syllabus of Pune University so following is its syllabus:

Semester I:
Theory Course I - MB-501 Microbial Diversity and Taxonomy
Theory Course II - MB-502 Quantitative Biology
Theory Course III - MB-503 Cell Organization and Biochemistry
Practical Course I - MB-511 Microbial Diversity and Systematics
Practical Course II - MB-512 Cell Biology and Biochemistry

The theory and practical courses will encompass the microbial world – its extent and spread with examples, acquaint the students with traditional and biochemical as well as molecular tools and bioinformatics tools to study the microbial diversity. The course contents deal with cellular organization focusing on eukaryotic cell, since prokaryotic especially bacterial cell structure was dealt with in under-graduation. Quantitative biology is supportive to these aspects and also prepares the students for data handling and processing strategies that is an integral part of research and applied science.

Semester II:
Theory Course I - MB-601 Instrumentation and Molecular Biophysics
Theory Course II - MB-602 Evolution, Ecology and Environmental Microbiology
Theory Course III - MB-603 Microbial Metabolism
Practical Course I - MB-611 Ecology and Environmental Microbiology Practical Course II - MB-612 Enzymology and Microbial Metabolism Once the knowledge base of microbial world is build up, the methodology to study life processes will be introduced. This includes metabolism, Enzymology, analytical and quantitative instrumentation and biophysics. The biophysical studies have lot of potential in genomics, proteomics and drug discovery. At this stage some theoretical biology aspects (evolution) and applied aspects (environmental) have also been introduced. The laboratory work in these areas will help the students to develop practical applications in these areas.

Rest of syllabus is given in pdf file and you are free to download it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pune University MSc Microbiology Syllabus.pdf (223.8 KB, 227 views)

Tags
microbiology, syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in