2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd July 2015, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

More about IAS exam

Hello!!! I am appearing for IAS exam so kindly provide me the details about the IAS exam please???
4th July 2015, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: More about IAS exam

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the important services among the 24 services like IPS, IFS etc for which the UPSC conduct Civil Services Examination for selecting the applicants. An officer selected into the IAS gets experience in very diverse roles like the collector, commissioner, head of public sector units, chief secretary, cabinet secretary etc. Not only the experience and challenges, but also the scope of making positive changes in the life of millions in India makes IAS a unique career choice.

As you want to know more about the IAS exam so here I am providing you the details below.

Distribution of Marks for New IAS Mains Pattern

Paper-I: Section 1 Essay 200 Marks & Section 2 English Comprehension & English Precise 100 Marks (Of Matriculation/X th standard level)
Paper-II: General Studies-I 250 Marks (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
Paper-III: General Studies-II 250 Marks (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
Paper-IV: General Studies-III 250 Marks (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
Paper-V: General Studies-IV 250 Marks (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Paper-VI: Optional Subject-Paper 1 250 Marks
Paper-VII: Optional Subject-Paper 2 250 Marks
Sub Total for (Written test) is 1800 Marks
Personality Test is 275 Marks.
Grand Total (merit purposes) 2075 Marks

Educational Qualification:

A degree of any of the Universities included by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions set up by an Act of Parliament or affirmed to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
Applicants who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

Age Limit:

The upper age limit for General category is 32 years. One who turns 21 on August 1 is eligible whereas one who turns 32 on August 1 of the year of examination is not eligible. For OBC category upper age limit is 35, and for SC/ST it is 37 years.

Contact details:

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi - 110069

Fax :- 011-23387310 - JS(Exam)

011-23384472 - DS(Exam)

Online Application Processing Cell:-

011-23098591 Ext.4513

Online Recruitment Application(ORA LAB):-

011-23385176 / 23098591 Ext.4754

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in