2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Modbus Plus to Modbus RTU

I am doing the B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering and I am buiding my final year project. I need to the Modbus. What is the difference between the Modbus Plus and Modbus RTU and how to connect the Modbus Plus to Modbus RTU?
Similar Threads
Thread
VC Modbus RTU
Siemens S7 300 Modbus RTU
Modbus RTU output
Pt100 Modbus Rtu
Kepware Modbus RTU Over TCP
IFIX Modbus RTU
Modbus rtu vb net code
Fx2n Modbus Rtu
Hart to Modbus RTU converter
Modbus RTU tutorial pdf
Baud Rate Modbus RTU
Python Modbus RTU Master
MODBUS RTU PC Simulator
Driver Modbus RTU
Ethernet IP To Modbus RTU Converter
Modbus RTU OCX
Vb6 Modbus Rtu Crc16
Bascom Avr Modbus RTU
MODBUS RTU Rs485 Rj45
Fx1n Modbus RTU
18th July 2018, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Re: Modbus Plus to Modbus RTU

Hello sir, is there any one can give me manual of Modbus Plus to Modbus RTU? Where to get detail about Modbus Plus to Modbus RTU?
18th July 2018, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Modbus RTU is part of the Modicons Modbus family of protocols that operates on the serial network layer.

With the help of a FieldServer client we can set and retrieve Modbus RTU data from your device and make it available to other devices.

In other hand modbus Plus solution is provided to protect your investment in legacy / obsolete equipment.

The solution uses a MB+ card installed in a FieldServer. This makes the solution more expensive than most FieldServer solutions.

The Modbus Plus protocol is a time-proven, robust communications platform with a huge installed base and industry acceptance.

Range of Conversion Solutions:

Depending on project requirements select from units with varying resources. and multi port devices. OEM and embedded solutions too.
QuickServer 1010 2x RS485 1x Ethernet
QuickServer 1011 1x RS485 1x Ethernet 1x Lonworks
QuickServer 1020 1x RS485 1xRS232 1x Ethernet
QuickServer 1021 1x RS485 1xRS232 1x Ethernet 1x Lonworks
QuickServer Fieldbus 1x RS485 1x Ethernet M-bus or KNX
FS20 Series 1x RS232/485 1x Ethernet 1x Lonworks
FS25 Series 2x RS232/485 1x Ethernet
FS30 Series 2x RS232 and 2x RS485 2x Ethernet 1x Lonworks FieldBus Support

Hardware:

Specification Description
Power Supply 24 VDC nominal
18 to 32 VDC allowed
Positive, Negative, GND Terminals
2.5 mm screwdriver blade
Current Load 500 mA max @ 32 VDC max
Operating Temperature -4
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual of Modbus Plus to Modbus RTU.pdf (835.8 KB, 162 views)
13th August 2018, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir Will you Please Provide me the Procedure for Connecting Modbus Plus to Modbus RTU ?
13th August 2018, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

You have two devices in two different buildings on two completely different networks, one that uses the Modbus RTU protocol to communicate, while the other one talks Modbus Plus (MB) protoco

Modbus RTU
Modbus RTU is part of the Modicons Modbus family of protocols that operates on the serial network layer. With the help of a FieldServer client we can set and retrieve Modbus RTU data from your device and make it available to other devices, or we can emulate a Modbus master and serve data to your Modbu

Modbus Plus (MB)
This solution is provided to protect your investment in legacy / obsolete equipment. The solution uses a MB+ card installed in a FieldServer. This makes the solution more expensive than most FieldServer solutions.

Modbus Plus protocol is a time-proven, robust communications platform with a huge installed base and industry acceptance. It is a high-speed (one megabaud) network that supports both peer-to-peer and master/slave type communications

Connection Diagram

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in